DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ship captains spy scope display (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/210986-ship-captains-spy-scope-display.html)

Chris Damico August 15th 07 11:58 AM

Ship captains spy scope display

2 Attachment(s)
A woman I work with inherited an antique ship captains spy scope from
her father. She's not sure how he ended up with it but she wanted to
display it. After polishing the brass, cleaning the handblown lens' and
resewing the original leather sheath I made this display case. The image
is from a picture of the HMS Bounty; no relation to the scope but she
liked the image and it "fit". Wood is African Mahogany, finish is
nothing special - Minwax Poly and a coat of wax.