Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Turning Club President's Challenge Project for August

The Silicon Valley Woodturners club has a President's Challenge -
for one calandar year, turn a piece (or two or more) each month
that uses the first letter of each month.

For August, the first thing that popped in my head was ANTS -
perhaps because the warm weather seems to have caused
every ant in the northern hemisphere to decide to visit MY
house - and stay.

Odd how the mind works - especially with a little sleep deprivation,
a good dose of caffiene and maybe a little hypolglycemia.

August
:

:
Ant

Ant
:
Aunt

Aunt
:
Uncle

Uncle
:
Unk

Unk
:
Ahnk

So - I made two ants and almost done with two ahnks,
out of a white, or nearly white, wood, probably poplar.
I'll be submitting Albino Ants and Ahnks the first
Wednesday of August\

The ants were interesting to turn - all with a 1/2" curved
edge skew - 3 pieces for each leg, times 6 legs = 18 leg
parts, 2 turned spheres for eyeballs, 2 turned antanaes
(sp), plus the body comes to 23 turnings per ant, times
2 = 46 turnings for the antS and two more turning for
the ahnks brings this project to 58 turnings.

Fun.

charlie b
Thanks the stars for CN glue!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ants_Ahnks1.jpg (72.0 KB, 54 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Charlie ... the ankhs look like pepper & salt mills to me. ;-)

--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000767-2, 08/20/2007
Tested on: 8/20/2007 5:39:33 PM