Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Cherry....big cherry...

12/4 8'X10", 6% moisture

Somewhere buried in those planks are the posts from a pencil post bed.
I've wanted to build one for about 16 years and it's finally going to
happen. The wife will be glad when it's done. She won't hear "I want to
build one of those" anymore.

Attached Thumbnails
Cherry....big cherry...-planks-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kevin" wrote in message
. ..
12/4 8'X10", 6% moisture

Somewhere buried in those planks are the posts from a pencil post bed.
I've wanted to build one for about 16 years and it's finally going to
happen. The wife will be glad when it's done. She won't hear "I want to
build one of those" anymore.

I notice you have them next to the garage. Is that because they cost more
than most small cars? That's a lot of cherry.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article ,
Kevin wrote:

12/4 8'X10", 6% moisture

Somewhere buried in those planks are the posts from a pencil post bed.
I've wanted to build one for about 16 years and it's finally going to
happen. The wife will be glad when it's done. She won't hear "I want to
build one of those" anymore.
[Image]

My goodness.... serious lumber there.
Did it take much to get the mortgage approved?

Seriously... a couple of nails.. a little glue...
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin wrote:
12/4 8'X10", 6% moisture

Somewhere buried in those planks are the posts from a pencil post bed.
I've wanted to build one for about 16 years and it's finally going to
happen. The wife will be glad when it's done. She won't hear "I want to
build one of those" anymore.

The next part is simple... all you have to do is cut away all the wood
that does not look like a pencil post bedpost. g
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

My goodness.... serious lumber there.
Did it take much to get the mortgage approved?

I had to take out a second....

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I notice you have them next to the garage. Is that because they cost more
than most small cars? That's a lot of cherry.

Well I got it for $7.85/bf from a local mill. If anyone lives in the DC
So. Maryland it's Maryland Select Hardwoods in White Plains. He has some
of the most beautiful tiger maple I've ever seen going into the kiln in
about a month. Yes my name is on the list to get some.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Well I got it for $7.85/bf from a local mill. If anyone lives in the DC
So. Maryland it's Maryland Select Hardwoods in White Plains. He has some
of the most beautiful tiger maple I've ever seen going into the kiln in
about a month. Yes my name is on the list to get some.

I was out in Manassas (25 miles west of DC) today to pick up a few feet of
walnut to make some coffee table tops...
Nice lumber store there, attached is his price list, he welcomed the
posting. Good supply and OK prices. Great staff, knowledge, and service. I
noticed that his list says June 06, but it is this month's price list. He
updates monthly.

Jack

Attached Thumbnails
Cherry....big cherry...-northland-forest-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 20:41:42 -0400, "EWCM" wrote:

Here's some big wood at one mf my local guys:

http://www.berkshireproducts.com/

Check out the warehouse tour. G

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

B a r r y wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 20:41:42 -0400, "EWCM" wrote:

Here's some big wood at one mf my local guys:

http://www.berkshireproducts.com/

Check out the warehouse tour. G

Is that... Heaven?

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 12:41:07 GMT, Steve Turner
wrote:

B a r r y wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 20:41:42 -0400, "EWCM" wrote:

Here's some big wood at one mf my local guys:

http://www.berkshireproducts.com/

Check out the warehouse tour. G

Is that... Heaven?

If so, Heaven is local for me. G

Cool place, though! Right down the street is an "Asian antique"
joint that sells everything from tables with the joinery Charlie B.
has been posting about, to teak "tea houses", to 30 foot stone
Buddha's.

http://www.asiabarong.com/

Check out the carved walls!

There's also a brew pub within long walking or short driving distance.

http://barringtonbrewery.net/

It's all about a 45 minute ride from my house.

BLO & Cherry Bill Waller Woodworking 16 July 13th 07 05:30 PM
Cherry baseboard Jim Bailey Woodworking 11 December 24th 05 05:08 PM
3/4 in. Brazillian Cherry JTurner Woodworking 4 December 5th 05 07:11 AM
Anyone in Derbyshire want some Cherry? [email protected] Woodturning 1 May 23rd 05 07:29 AM
Cherry or cherrywood [email protected] Woodworking 1 November 17th 04 10:04 PM