DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   English Walnut Examples for Andy D (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/207454-english-walnut-examples-andy-d.html)

charlieb June 6th 07 06:45 AM

English Walnut Examples for Andy D

1 Attachment(s)
Attached pic is for Andy D - showing that English Walnut is almost
white with very subtle grain. I know these pieces are English Walnut
because I was there when the orchard trees they are from were
sawed up- the black walnut parts - which is why I got this stuff -
bland as hell. But it doesn't have the open grain of black or claro
walnut and turns beautifully. Don't judge that by these examples -
they were early attempts at "hollowing". I've gotten a bit better
since then

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T.../NiceOne1.html

and am doing things with a curved edge skew that probably should be done
with some other turning tool.

charlie b