DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   use of oak flooring planks (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/207453-use-oak-flooring-planks.html)

Jack June 5th 07 09:39 PM

use of oak flooring planks

1 Attachment(s)
I went by a constuction site the other day and they were tossing away some
oak flooring planks they had left over. I brought them home and made wifey a
unusual planter box. Now I need more freeby oak flooring planks for another
one. She wants a matching set.

Edwin Pawlowski June 6th 07 02:34 PM

use of oak flooring planks

"Jack" wrote in message
ink.net...
I went by a constuction site the other day and they were tossing away some
oak flooring planks they had left over. I brought them home and made wifey
a unusual planter box. Now I need more freeby oak flooring planks for
another one. She wants a matching set.

Nice planter. Nice price too!

John A. Voss June 6th 07 09:25 PM

use of oak flooring planks

A few years back our neighbor worked for a company that installed hardwood
floors - usually unfinished oak - and he would give me the "scraps". I made
several night stands/night tables and even made a curio cabinet/coffee table
for my wifes grandmother. I showed the items to the neighbor and his wife
and they couldn't believe what I was making from their so called trash.

--
John Voss
Prescott Valley, AZ

Remove "NO SPAM" to reply.

Lee Michaels June 7th 07 12:05 AM

use of oak flooring planks

"John A. Voss" wrote

A few years back our neighbor worked for a company that installed hardwood
floors - usually unfinished oak - and he would give me the "scraps". I
made several night stands/night tables and even made a curio cabinet/coffee
table for my wifes grandmother. I showed the items to the neighbor and his
wife and they couldn't believe what I was making from their so called
trash.

Congrats John, you have taken recycling to a whole new level.

J. June 8th 07 02:48 AM

use of oak flooring planks

The stuff people throw out...

....has always absolutely amazed me.