DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Zero Clearance Table Saw Insert with replacable wood strip (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/207450-zero-clearance-table-saw-insert-replacable-wood-strip.html)

[email protected] June 5th 07 03:19 PM

Zero Clearance Table Saw Insert with replacable wood strip

Anybody know where Norm got his? It would be so convenient to simply
put in a new wood strip rather than forming an entire new insert.

Dave June 5th 07 04:28 PM

Zero Clearance Table Saw Insert with replacable wood strip

http://www.wooddynamics.com/index.htm

Upscale June 5th 07 08:23 PM

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...080,51225&ap=1

Tom Veatch June 7th 07 04:52 AM

Zero Clearance Table Saw Insert with replacable wood strip (0/1)

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 10:19:33 -0400, wrote:

Anybody know where Norm got his? It would be so convenient to simply
put in a new wood strip rather than forming an entire new insert.

simple enough to make your own. I made mine out of a piece of 1/2 inch
UHMW with a sliding dovetail slot to hold 1/4 tempered hardboard
inserts. works great
Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA

Tom Veatch June 7th 07 04:52 AM

Zero Clearance Table Saw Insert with replacable wood strip (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)

Edwin Pawlowski June 7th 07 11:25 AM

Zero Clearance Table Saw Insert with replacable wood strip (1/1)

Tom Veatch wrote in message

=ybegin line=128 size=23783 name=IMG_0018.JPG
))=J*:tpsp*+++*r*r**) vo**ssT*2***3*9+,*;******:+,*9******+-*+***+***D+/*+******E+/*+******R+-*+***,***\+,*******=},
-*+***,***.*+******+**}{J~XJmXVv*}{c[_JwWm*r***+***r***+***\ZZ^dZ_d\aJ[\d]_d[a*:*Ĭ/*+***+**Ǭ/*+***+**Q-*+*

Nice

CC June 8th 07 04:47 AM

Zero Clearance Table Saw Insert with replacable wood strip (1/1)

Tom Veatch wrote in message

Tom,
Would you mind reposting in another format that yEnc
thanks
cc

Tom Veatch June 8th 07 10:50 PM

Zero Clearance Table Saw Insert with replacable wood strip (UUEncoded)

2 Attachment(s)
On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 03:47:52 GMT, "CC"
wrote:

Tom Veatch wrote in message
.. .

Tom,
Would you mind reposting in another format that yEnc
thanks
cc

Done:

Lee Tollett June 8th 07 11:51 PM

wrote:
Anybody know where Norm got his? It would be so convenient to simply
put in a new wood strip rather than forming an entire new insert.

I cut mine out of Lexan. I stack 4 to 6 sheets together, so I only
have to cut once. Works great

Lee Michaels June 9th 07 12:32 AM

Zero Clearance Table Saw Insert with replacable wood strip (UUEncoded)

Tom Veatch wrote in

simple enough to make your own. I made mine out of a piece of 1/2 inch
UHMW with a sliding dovetail slot to hold 1/4 tempered hardboard
inserts. works great

Looks nice Tom.

Could you show us and end view? I would like to see that dovetail slot.

Also, how do you cut that dovetail slot? And how do you cut the edges on
the hardboard?

CC June 9th 07 03:02 AM

Zero Clearance Table Saw Insert with replacable wood strip (UUEncoded)

Thanks Tom
They look good
cc

Tom Veatch wrote in message
On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 03:47:52 GMT, "CC"
wrote:

. ..

Tom Veatch June 9th 07 07:31 AM

Zero Clearance Table Saw Insert with replacable wood strip (UUEncoded)

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 19:32:44 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

Looks nice Tom.

Thanks.

Could you show us and end view? I would like to see that dovetail slot.

I'll give it a try. I'm going to have to get a decent digital camera.
The one I have (actually SWMBO's) is a freebie that she got as a
company "recognition" award. Doesn't do close up views very well.
She's been making noises about buying a good one. I've been
encouraging her to do so, but she hasn't pulled the trigger yet. She
pinches pennies worse than I do.

Also, how do you cut that dovetail slot? And how do you cut the edges on
the hardboard?

Routed the slot in the UHMW with a dovetail bit, ripped the hardboard
blanks to size with the saw blade tilted to the matching angle,
inserted then in the UHMW base and used an edge trimming bit to rout
the profile to match the base.. Also had to rout out a clearance area
on the bottom of the base to accommodate the saw's arbor flanges when
the blade is at full elevation. I'll try to get some pictures of the
bottom as well.

Drilled and tapped for set screws for height adjustment and leveling,
but found they weren't needed. The UHMW blank was exactly the right
thickness to be level with the table top without any adjustment
needed. Sometimes things just work out right - Not often, but
sometimes. BTW, the saw is a JTAS-10XL, Jet left tilt cabinet saw.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA