Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default The loom bench and a new toy....

I finished the loom bench I promised my wife.
It's more of the mahogany I made the side table I posted a little while
ago. The brackets has a curve so the seat cab rock back and forth for
comfort. The box under the seat is for shuttles and such.

Oh and the last picture is of the new toy that was delivered on
Saturday. After two table saw accidents (I didn't loose anything) in 15
years my wife and Decided to make the investment.

A little note about the company that delivered it, Fries, Beall & Sharp
in Lorton VA, delivered it to the front door of my garage and put the
box right where I wanted it.

Attached Thumbnails
The loom bench and a new toy....-onbench1-jpg  The loom bench and a new toy....-rockerbolted-jpg  The loom bench and a new toy....-rockertbolts-jpg  The loom bench and a new toy....-newtoy-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default The loom bench and a new toy....Forgot one

The bench in Place

Attached Thumbnails
The loom bench and a new toy....-inplace-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kevin" wrote in message
. ..
I finished the loom bench I promised my wife.
It's more of the mahogany I made the side table I posted a little while
ago. The brackets has a curve so the seat cab rock back and forth for
comfort. The box under the seat is for shuttles and such.

Oh and the last picture is of the new toy that was delivered on
Saturday. After two table saw accidents (I didn't loose anything) in 15
years my wife and Decided to make the investment.

A little note about the company that delivered it, Fries, Beall & Sharp
in Lorton VA, delivered it to the front door of my garage and put the
box right where I wanted it.

Very Nice..............the last picture too.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kevin" wrote in message
. ..
The bench in Place

Looks nice.

Shouldn't there be some padding on that thing? I don't think my butt could
take very many hours sitting on a flat board.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

Looks nice.

Shouldn't there be some padding on that thing? I don't think my butt could
take very many hours sitting on a flat board.

Well I do the woodworking part she dose the fiber arts. So she's going
to make the cushion.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

An interesting project! Looks well done.

I have two questions:

[1] Is the design traditional or one you and your wife worked out?

[2] Did you also build/design the loom?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kevin" wrote in message
Well I do the woodworking part she dose the fiber arts. So she's going
to make the cushion.

I tried similar reasoning like that the last time I had a female friend over
for a barbeque. Told her that I do the barbequing and she does the cleanup
afterwards.

Still got the bruise on my shoulder...

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:
An interesting project! Looks well done.

I have two questions:

[1] Is the design traditional or one you and your wife worked out?

[2] Did you also build/design the loom?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Morris,
The basic design is traditional we are not sure about the rocker part or
handles.

I had nothing to do with the loom. My wife bought it from a woman in MA.
A local loom building there made it.
I will be making more harnesses for it so she can do more complex patterns.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin wrote:
| Morris Dovey wrote:
|| An interesting project! Looks well done.
|| I have two questions:
|| [1] Is the design traditional or one you and your wife worked out?
|| [2] Did you also build/design the loom?
|
| The basic design is traditional we are not sure about the rocker
| part or handles.

The rocker seat is an intriguing design feature. Even tho I'm not a
furniture (or loom) designer/builder, it's the kind of thing that
makes me think: "I wish I'd thought of doing something like that!"

| I had nothing to do with the loom. My wife bought it from a woman
| in MA.
| A local loom building there made it.
| I will be making more harnesses for it so she can do more complex
| patterns.

Please post pictures - this is fascinating stuff!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:

| I had nothing to do with the loom. My wife bought it from a woman
| in MA.
| A local loom building there made it.
| I will be making more harnesses for it so she can do more complex
| patterns.

Please post pictures - this is fascinating stuff!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

No problem. Pictures will be posted but it may be a little while

Junior Member

Smile

I am new to this, but I love the loom bench and would like to know if you sell the plans for it? Please advise me if I'm wrong in asking this... would like for my hubby to build one.

Sacramento: Home losses loom Ablang Home Ownership 5 January 31st 07 04:45 PM
tree limbs and roots loom my yard [email protected] Home Repair 1 July 15th 06 06:42 PM
Lloyd loom chair repairs Roly UK diy 1 January 27th 06 12:31 AM
Counterbalance Loom Joe Larade Woodworking 3 October 6th 05 04:51 AM
Bench Vice Handle for new work bench Nick Bozovich Woodworking 7 August 27th 04 07:22 AM