DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Resurected sideboard (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/207419-resurected-sideboard.html)

Kate May 23rd 07 12:36 PM

Resurected sideboard

2 Attachment(s)
Before, and after.
The before photo is exactly how it was when I got it. They had already done
some stripping to the top and just left it that way for years.
A dog had chewed the legs and the decorative piece on the bottom. It turned
out pretty well though and still has an "old" look to it. I left some of the
distressed look to it so it didn't seem so refinished.

Kate

Eddie Munster May 23rd 07 02:41 PM

Resurected sideboard

It has a nice look to it.
Very nicely done!

John

Robatoy May 23rd 07 02:47 PM

Resurected sideboard

In article ,
"Kate" wrote:

Before, and after.
The before photo is exactly how it was when I got it. They had already done
some stripping to the top and just left it that way for years.
A dog had chewed the legs and the decorative piece on the bottom. It turned
out pretty well though and still has an "old" look to it. I left some of the
distressed look to it so it didn't seem so refinished.

Kate

A remarkable transformation. Nicely done!

(btw, I stole your surveyor's tripod/lamp idea.)

B A R R Y May 23rd 07 03:24 PM

Resurected sideboard

Eddie Munster wrote:

It has a nice look to it.
Very nicely done!

I wish I could see it.

Apparently, my news service didn't get the picture.

Gerald Ross May 23rd 07 03:42 PM

Resurected sideboard

Kate wrote:
Before, and after.
The before photo is exactly how it was when I got it. They had already done
some stripping to the top and just left it that way for years.
A dog had chewed the legs and the decorative piece on the bottom. It turned
out pretty well though and still has an "old" look to it. I left some of the
distressed look to it so it didn't seem so refinished.

Kate

Good job. I like the lamp too.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

The reason they call it the American
Dream is because you have to be asleep
to believe it. --George

Charlie M. 1958 May 23rd 07 04:53 PM

Resurected sideboard (Resized)

2 Attachment(s)
NoOne N Particular wrote:
B A R R Y wrote:
Eddie Munster wrote:

It has a nice look to it.
Very nicely done!

I wish I could see it.

Apparently, my news service didn't get the picture.

Mine either.

Wayne

Here are the photos resized:

B A R R Y May 23rd 07 07:33 PM

Resurected sideboard(OOPS)Resized again

Thanks, Charley.

NICE Job to the OP!

Kate May 24th 07 02:24 PM

Resurected sideboard

Hey guys, thanks for all of the kind words!
I was both pleased and surprised at how well it turned out.

To those of you who loved the lamp...
It's a Hampton Bay and was at Home Depot for $299. I caught it on clearance
for $59 about a year ago. It collapses to a table lamp size too.
Great lamp but hard to find a spot to put it LOL

IF any of you were interested in tryig to build one I'd be happy to email
you close up photos.
let me know...

svtkate AT selby DOT ws

Kate