DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Table saw manf?? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/207394-table-saw-manf.html)

Lee May 11th 07 05:23 AM

Table saw manf??

1 Attachment(s)

Steve Turner May 11th 07 02:31 PM

Table saw manf??

What the...?

Markem May 11th 07 03:11 PM

Table saw manf??

On Fri, 11 May 2007 13:31:33 GMT, Steve Turner
wrote:

What the...?

My guess a Saw Stop with a few Wreckers, after the question is asked
again.

(Or ID Software)

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618

Kate May 11th 07 08:05 PM

Table saw manf??

Looks like a screen shot from a video game to me.
In that case, it's likely something spawned from the fertile imagination of
a gaming geek.

Kate

Edwin Pawlowski May 12th 07 02:29 AM

Table saw manf??

1 Attachment(s)

"Kate" wrote in message
Looks like a screen shot from a video game to me.
In that case, it's likely something spawned from the fertile imagination
of
a gaming geek.

Kate

I lightened it up a bit and it is sort of real looking, but everything
around it looks like it was from a game, especially the guns. The saw itself
does not seem to have proper proportions.

Lyndell Thompson May 12th 07 04:13 AM

Table saw manf??

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Kate" wrote in message
Looks like a screen shot from a video game to me.
In that case, it's likely something spawned from the fertile imagination
of
a gaming geek.

Kate

I lightened it up a bit and it is sort of real looking, but everything
around it looks like it was from a game, especially the guns. The saw
itself does not seem to have proper proportions.

Bandstripe around base cabinet and rounded edge rectangular sawdust removal
door give it away. Powermatic 66. Just kidding your all's guess is as good
as mine, maybe better. :-)
Lyndell

Mark & Juanita May 12th 07 07:30 AM

Table saw manf??

On Sat, 12 May 2007 01:29:21 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Kate" wrote in message
Looks like a screen shot from a video game to me.
In that case, it's likely something spawned from the fertile imagination
of
a gaming geek.

Kate

I lightened it up a bit and it is sort of real looking, but everything
around it looks like it was from a game, especially the guns. The saw itself
does not seem to have proper proportions.

Look at the blade depth wheel -- definitely computer generated

Morris Dovey May 12th 07 07:37 AM

Table saw manf??

Mark & Juanita wrote:
| On Sat, 12 May 2007 01:29:21 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
| wrote:

|| "Kate" wrote in message
||| Looks like a screen shot from a video game to me.
||| In that case, it's likely something spawned from the fertile
||| imagination of
||| a gaming geek.
|| I lightened it up a bit and it is sort of real looking, but
|| everything around it looks like it was from a game, especially the
|| guns. The saw itself does not seem to have proper proportions.
|
| Look at the blade depth wheel -- definitely computer generated

....and it looks as if someone just completed a cross-cut. Not an
operation for the timid (or even safety conscious) on this saw.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Leon May 12th 07 02:18 PM

Table saw manf??

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Look at the blade depth wheel -- definitely computer generated

Actually this post on rec.woodworking point here indicates that this picture
if from a video game.

Leon May 12th 07 02:19 PM

Table saw manf??

"Lee" wrote in message
. net...

Where's the SawDust ???? '~)

Lee May 12th 07 05:19 PM

Table saw manf??

Blew out with grenade...lol
"Leon" wrote in message
et...

"Lee" wrote in message
. net...

Where's the SawDust ???? '~)

Bob the Tomato May 12th 07 10:24 PM

Table saw manf??

wrote:

"Kate" wrote in message
Looks like a screen shot from a video game to me.
In that case, it's likely something spawned from the fertile imagination
of
a gaming geek.

Kate

I lightened it up a bit and it is sort of real looking, but everything
around it looks like it was from a game, especially the guns. The saw itself
does not seem to have proper proportions.

For being a video game, they really did do a good job on the details.
The rip fence could pass as a Bessy clone. Obviously written by
someone in the hobby... or at least by someone who has taken high
school shop. If you can open the dust collector door, there might be
an "easter egg" inside.

I'd keep away from that thing in the game. The kickbacks could be
viscious. Perhaps you could bobby-trap it to fling those cutoffs at
your enemies. :-)

Bob the Tomato

Lee May 12th 07 10:59 PM

Table saw manf??

No easter eggs in the game(FEAR) but your right about the kick back...no
fence on the crosscut but no one runs it :(
"Bob the Tomato" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 May 2007 01:29:21 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

.. .