Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Embroidery cabinet

I harvested some barn wood last summer from neighbor, one long 9x9, some
4x6's and various other sizes.

I assume it's sruce, but that's just a guess. since Timberframes are
typically erected green, there was plenty of checking. There were nails to
remove. In short, lots of waste. I attemped the quarter-saw the beams as
much as possible to present the tightest grain.

It's splintery brittle stuff to work with. The handcut DT's from this stuff
are pretty sloppy. Dispite that, old-growth reclaimed wood has its charm.

The drawer bottoms are luan and drawer runners are oak. the rest is
barnwood.

I designed the DT's to be asymetric, the lower tail bisected by the drawer
runner groove, to create the balanced took.

The finish is shellac followed by waterlox.

-Steve

Attached Thumbnails
Embroidery cabinet-stash2-jpg  Embroidery cabinet-front-corner-jpg  Embroidery cabinet-back-quarter-jpg  Embroidery cabinet-tails-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

C & S wrote:
| I harvested some barn wood last summer from neighbor, one long
| 9x9, some 4x6's and various other sizes.

| The finish is shellac followed by waterlox.

Ya did good, Steve!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"C & S" wrote in message
.. .
I harvested some barn wood last summer from neighbor, one long 9x9, some
4x6's and various other sizes.

I assume it's sruce, but that's just a guess. since Timberframes are
typically erected green, there was plenty of checking. There were nails to
remove. In short, lots of waste. I attemped the quarter-saw the beams as
much as possible to present the tightest grain.

It's splintery brittle stuff to work with. The handcut DT's from this
stuff
are pretty sloppy. Dispite that, old-growth reclaimed wood has its charm.

Looks good. The old wood has some charm and you made it into something of
beauty.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 15:00 -0400, C & S wrote:
I harvested some barn wood last summer from neighbor, one long 9x9, some
4x6's and various other sizes.

I assume it's sruce, but that's just a guess. since Timberframes are
typically erected green, there was plenty of checking. There were nails to
remove. In short, lots of waste. I attemped the quarter-saw the beams as
much as possible to present the tightest grain.

It's splintery brittle stuff to work with. The handcut DT's from this stuff
are pretty sloppy. Dispite that, old-growth reclaimed wood has its charm.

The drawer bottoms are luan and drawer runners are oak. the rest is
barnwood.

I designed the DT's to be asymetric, the lower tail bisected by the drawer
runner groove, to create the balanced took.

The finish is shellac followed by waterlox.

-Steve

All the other kudos and I like the grooves in the drawers for the wooden
glides instead of those metal & plastic thingies

- Doug

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"C & S" wrote in message
.. .
I harvested some barn wood last summer from neighbor, one long 9x9, some
4x6's and various other sizes.

I assume it's sruce, but that's just a guess. since Timberframes are
typically erected green, there was plenty of checking. There were nails to
remove. In short, lots of waste. I attemped the quarter-saw the beams as
much as possible to present the tightest grain.

It's splintery brittle stuff to work with. The handcut DT's from this
stuff
are pretty sloppy. Dispite that, old-growth reclaimed wood has its charm.

The drawer bottoms are luan and drawer runners are oak. the rest is
barnwood.

I designed the DT's to be asymetric, the lower tail bisected by the drawer
runner groove, to create the balanced took.

The finish is shellac followed by waterlox.

-Steve

Damned nice!
--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I think it's beautiful.
It already has the look of an old friend and I'm sure the lady who uses it
will be very happy with it for years to come.

Kate

"C & S" wrote in message
.. .
I harvested some barn wood last summer from neighbor, one long 9x9, some
4x6's and various other sizes.

I assume it's sruce, but that's just a guess. since Timberframes are
typically erected green, there was plenty of checking. There were nails to
remove. In short, lots of waste. I attemped the quarter-saw the beams as
much as possible to present the tightest grain.

It's splintery brittle stuff to work with. The handcut DT's from this stuff
are pretty sloppy. Dispite that, old-growth reclaimed wood has its charm.

The drawer bottoms are luan and drawer runners are oak. the rest is
barnwood.

I designed the DT's to be asymetric, the lower tail bisected by the drawer
runner groove, to create the balanced took.

The finish is shellac followed by waterlox.

-Steve

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I harvested some barn wood last summer from neighbor, one long 9x9, some
4x6's and various other sizes.

I assume it's sruce, but that's just a guess. since Timberframes are
typically erected green, there was plenty of checking. There were nails to
remove. In short, lots of waste. I attemped the quarter-saw the beams as
much as possible to present the tightest grain.

It's splintery brittle stuff to work with. The handcut DT's from this stuff
are pretty sloppy. Dispite that, old-growth reclaimed wood has its charm.

The drawer bottoms are luan and drawer runners are oak. the rest is
barnwood.

I designed the DT's to be asymetric, the lower tail bisected by the drawer
runner groove, to create the balanced took.

The finish is shellac followed by waterlox.

-Steve

Damn, who say you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear? Looks good!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"C & S" wrote in message
.. .
I harvested some barn wood last summer from neighbor, one long 9x9, some
4x6's and various other sizes.

I assume it's sruce, but that's just a guess. since Timberframes are
typically erected green, there was plenty of checking. There were nails to
remove. In short, lots of waste. I attemped the quarter-saw the beams as
much as possible to present the tightest grain.

It's splintery brittle stuff to work with. The handcut DT's from this
stuff
are pretty sloppy. Dispite that, old-growth reclaimed wood has its charm.

The drawer bottoms are luan and drawer runners are oak. the rest is
barnwood.

I designed the DT's to be asymetric, the lower tail bisected by the drawer
runner groove, to create the balanced took.

The finish is shellac followed by waterlox.

-Steve

That's some beautiful use of old wood! Congrats!

Vic