DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cocobolo Coffee Table top (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/207312-cocobolo-coffee-table-top.html)

Leon March 30th 07 01:46 PM

Cocobolo Coffee Table top

1 Attachment(s)
Cocobolo Top, Padauk legs and bars on bottom shelf, Walnut aprons.
This was taken when the table was about 3 or 4 years old in the mid 80's.

Lee Michaels March 30th 07 02:55 PM

Cocobolo Coffee Table top

"Leon" wrote in message
t...
Cocobolo Top, Padauk legs and bars on bottom shelf, Walnut aprons.
This was taken when the table was about 3 or 4 years old in the mid 80's.

That thing looks sturdy! Nice colors too!

I assume this is a coffee table. What are the dimensions? How thick is the
top? I assume that the top has a builtup edge around it.

Leon March 30th 07 03:00 PM

Cocobolo Coffee Table top

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"Leon" wrote in message
t...
Cocobolo Top, Padauk legs and bars on bottom shelf, Walnut aprons.
This was taken when the table was about 3 or 4 years old in the mid 80's.

That thing looks sturdy! Nice colors too!

Thank you. Very Sturdy, and I was lucky with the color match.

I assume this is a coffee table.

Yeah, like the title says, :~)

What are the dimensions?

Approximately, 18" tall, 18" wide, and 42" long.

How thick is the
top?

3/4"

I assume that the top has a builtup edge around it.

Yes the edge is 3/4 x 1.5" Padauk with a piece of 3/4 x 2" Walnut behind
that for accent.

Flightyswine March 31st 07 12:24 AM

Cocobolo Coffee Table top

Very nice table. So that's where the rain forest went! ;-)

Bob March 31st 07 03:10 AM

Cocobolo Coffee Table top

"Leon" wrote in message
t...
Cocobolo Top, Padauk legs and bars on bottom shelf, Walnut aprons.
This was taken when the table was about 3 or 4 years old in the mid 80's.

Ah, when such a combination of exotic solid woods did not cost as much as
your house.

Very nice looking.

Bob

Leon March 31st 07 04:48 AM

Cocobolo Coffee Table top

"Flightyswine" wrote in message
Very nice table. So that's where the rain forest went! ;-)

Thank you.

Leon March 31st 07 04:49 AM

Cocobolo Coffee Table top

"Bob" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
t...
Cocobolo Top, Padauk legs and bars on bottom shelf, Walnut aprons.
This was taken when the table was about 3 or 4 years old in the mid 80's.

Ah, when such a combination of exotic solid woods did not cost as much as
your house.

Very nice looking.

And to think that I now have the hots for Bocote and Zircote now.

Mark & Juanita March 31st 07 05:13 AM

Cocobolo Coffee Table top

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 23:24:28 GMT, Flightyswine
wrote:

Very nice table. So that's where the rain forest went! ;-)

Looks like a pretty darn good use of it too.

tdup2 March 31st 07 10:45 PM

Cocobolo Coffee Table top

Leon,

That's too nice of woods for a furniture piece. It should be a work bench.

Tim

t...

Leon April 2nd 07 08:10 PM

Cocobolo Coffee Table top

"tdup2" wrote in message
Leon,

That's too nice of woods for a furniture piece. It should be a work bench.

Yeah! ;~)