DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Building a Shop (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/207266-building-shop.html)

Michael[_2_] March 15th 07 12:57 AM

Building a Shop

Sorry, but I don't have any pictures of what I am doing and, besides, they
might bore you to death if I did lol. Anyway, in an earlier post I
requested help in setting up a shop and one of the posters said to put
things on wheels.

The first thing I put on wheels was the Craftsman Contractor's table saw,
since it is the largest and heaviest and bulkiest piece I have. I took the
original wheels off and set the legs on 3/4" plywood. Once the wood was
cut to size, I drilled four holes for the levelers to go through. Then,
before I got ahead of myself, I remembered a posting a while back of a
short film clip of someone who put their tables on wheels and that the
wheels could be retracted after being rolled into place. All I have to do
now is lift the saw a few inches and the wheels can be lowered or raised
(on hinges) as needed. To make a long story short, I now have a table saw
that is on 4 swivel casters and can be moved with ease in my cramped space.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Michael