JYS

Default Dremel engraver in Europe ?

Hello,

I would like to buy a Dremel #290 electric engraver to sign my works.
But the only model available is rated 110V/60Hz.

= Has any of you a simple solution to use it here on our mains that
are 240V/50Hz (except the obvious huge solution of the 240V - 110V
transformer ...) ?

Thanks for any tip :-)

Jean-Yves

Paulco

I would skip the dremel and just go for a no-name or lesser brand.
Dremel used to be brilliant up until about 7 or 8 years ago - at that
time they shifted the manufactur from the US to South America
somewhere and the quality went down the toilet.

Cheers
Paul

On 7 Mar 2005 06:03:27 -0800, (JYS) wrote:

Hello,

I would like to buy a Dremel #290 electric engraver to sign my works.
But the only model available is rated 110V/60Hz.

= Has any of you a simple solution to use it here on our mains that
are 240V/50Hz (except the obvious huge solution of the 240V - 110V
transformer ...) ?

Thanks for any tip :-)

Jean-Yves

Unless otherwise stated all references to location refer to Western Australia
Charley

If you have an air compressor, consider finding a small die grinder. They're
air powered, use the same 1/8" dia. bits as the Dremel and are faster (about
20,000 rpm) and more powerful then a Dremel. They're also smaller in
diameter so they're easier to use for hand engraving your signiture, etc.
Industrial Supply stores and some automotive supply stores carry them.

--
Charley

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
(JYS) wrote:

Hello,

I would like to buy a Dremel #290 electric engraver to sign my works.
But the only model available is rated 110V/60Hz.

= Has any of you a simple solution to use it here on our mains that
are 240V/50Hz (except the obvious huge solution of the 240V - 110V
transformer ...) ?

Thanks for any tip :-)

Jean-Yves

Try Minicraft.

JYS

Thanks everybody for your several answers but I may not have been precise enough :
I don't want a rotary tool (I have already 2 Dremel clones)
= What I wanna buy is a "variable stroke electrical engraver" ...

Any other source ?

Thanks

Jean-Yves
Bill R

Jean-Yves

Try http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...sfile=1&jump=0

looks similar to the Dremel. I don't have one myself.

BillR

om...