Paul Eisner

Default Woodturning on Mars ???

I want to do some woodturning on Mars.

What do I need ?
Me myself and I

Be sure and take some trees (or parts thereof) since there don't appear
to be any there.

Paul Eisner wrote:
I want to do some woodturning on Mars.

What do I need ?

Ken Moon

"George" george@least wrote in message
No redwoods?

=================

It seems that any wood would be red wood, but maybe not redwood. (:-)

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX

Leo Lichtman

"The Anti-Troll" wrote: (clip) Like all trolls, he means to annoy and
disrupt. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Your objection occupied far more band-width than the OP, and wasn't as funny
as the ensuing thread. Maybe YOU'RE the troll.

Me myself and I

In that "woodturning" has come to mean turning anything on a lathe (i.e
bone, plastic, alabaster, etc), not just wood...I suppose one might find
a number of alternative materials on Mars to turn.

Ken Moon wrote:
"George" george@least wrote in message

No redwoods?

=================

It seems that any wood would be red wood, but maybe not redwood. (:-)

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX

Shawn Wilson

"The Anti-Troll" wrote: (clip) Like all trolls, he means to annoy and
disrupt. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Your objection occupied far more band-width than the OP, and wasn't as

funny
as the ensuing thread. Maybe YOU'RE the troll.

It certainly wasn't funny, but it is interesting to note that someone is
tracking this guy. I've been mostly lurking here for a couple years now and
have seen this guy's posts quite a few times (and on rec.woodworking).
They're easy to pick out. I kept wondering why he continues to do it. It
never dawned on me why he usually had one and only one other crosspost
group. Most trolls get bored after a while and bugger off. But I find his
trolls are often entertaining and on-topic - a welcome change from the
political and religious trolling that infests many groups. I remember one
where he said dragons kept burning down his village and asked if anyone
could suggest a fireproof wood.
--
Shawn Wilson

http://www.GlassGiant.com

Will

Shawn Wilson wrote:
"The Anti-Troll" wrote: (clip) Like all trolls, he means to annoy and
disrupt. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Your objection occupied far more band-width than the OP, and wasn't as

funny

as the ensuing thread. Maybe YOU'RE the troll.

It certainly wasn't funny, but it is interesting to note that someone is
tracking this guy. I've been mostly lurking here for a couple years now and
have seen this guy's posts quite a few times (and on rec.woodworking).
They're easy to pick out. I kept wondering why he continues to do it. It
never dawned on me why he usually had one and only one other crosspost
group. Most trolls get bored after a while and bugger off. But I find his
trolls are often entertaining and on-topic - a welcome change from the
political and religious trolling that infests many groups.

Second that

I remember one
where he said dragons kept burning down his village and asked if anyone
could suggest a fireproof wood.

Was there anything that worked. LOL? Or did the dragon win?

At least the extra group is snipped now.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
kcskypilot

"Shawn Wilson" wrote in
:

[...]

His village called and they want him back...

I do agree that this "Troller" is more entertaining and less offensive
than some others we've seen. It shows that he's using creativity to gain
his trophies and if my addition to this string shows that he's winning
by not being offensive and by being entertaining then by all means, add
me to the list!