DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tried & True Varnish Oil (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/93611-tried-true-varnish-oil.html)

Barry N. Turner March 4th 05 01:37 PM

Tried & True Varnish Oil

Has anyone use this stuff on bowls? I bought a can a couple of weeks ago,
but have not used it yet. Comments please? Thanks.

M.J. March 4th 05 05:19 PM

"Barry N. Turner" wrote in message
Has anyone use this stuff on bowls? I bought a can a couple of weeks ago,
but have not used it yet. Comments please? Thanks.

Gee that's too bad Barry. It's the worst stuff on the planet and not
recommended for woodturnings at all. You really should have asked BEFORE
you bought the stuff...........Oh well........

Just kidding.......great stuff........ ;^)
--

Regards,
M.J. (Mike) Orr

Patriarch March 4th 05 05:28 PM

"Barry N. Turner" wrote in
:

Has anyone use this stuff on bowls? I bought a can a couple of weeks
ago, but have not used it yet. Comments please? Thanks.

I've used it on flat work. (I haven't gotten a bowl to a state that I'd
consider putting finish on it yet.)

Great stuff. No heavy metal driers, so easier on the human body. BELIEVE
the part about THIN coats. Warming the oil makes it easier to use. And
friction, when used on the lathe, should help.

Patriarch

Barry N. Turner March 4th 05 09:04 PM

Well, I did read the label. Is it really that bad? Why?

Anyway, I only bought a pint can. I guess I will try it on a small piece
and decide for myself. Thanks.

Barry

Barry N. Turner March 5th 05 03:39 AM

Uhhhhhhhh...........no, I didn't. I keep forgetting about the jokers in
here. Apparently, I take life much too seriously. I'll try the stuff on my
next turning. Thanks

Barry