DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pen Trumpets (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/88352-pen-trumpets.html)

Martin Shaw January 26th 05 05:24 PM

Pen Trumpets

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know of a supplier of Pen trumpets in the UK?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Martin

Alun Saunders January 27th 05 02:55 PM

Barry N. Turner wrote:
"Martin Shaw" wrote

Does anyone know of a supplier of Pen trumpets in the UK?

Any help would be most appreciated.

What's a pen trumpet?

It's a tapered brass or plastic tube that attaches to a wooden base in a
swivel mount to put pens into (usually specific to the trumpet) as a
kind of desk accessory.

As for sources in the UK, Turners Retreat have a combined business card
holder and pen trumpet in their catalogue, and I'm sure Craft Supplies
have them too but I can never find anything in their catalogue when I
need it. Try their website.
--
Alun Saunders

Chuck January 27th 05 05:45 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:24:14 +0000 (UTC), Martin Shaw
wrote:

Does anyone know of a supplier of Pen trumpets in the UK?

Could you make a pencil saxophone work? ; )

Just kidding...what is a pen trumpet, though? Never heard of one.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

Leo Van Der Loo January 27th 05 11:48 PM

Hi Chuck, Lee Valley calls them Pen holders, they have the solid brass
turned pen holders in their catalog.

Chuck wrote:
snip
Just kidding...what is a pen trumpet, though? Never heard of one.