DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Turning club or group in central Calif? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/87160-turning-club-group-central-calif.html)

mac davis January 19th 05 03:45 PM

Turning club or group in central Calif?

Looking for a local group in or around Fresno, CA.

Closest I've found on the web is 160 miles away in Sacramento or 180
away in the east bay...

As Fresno is the 3rd or 4th largest city in the land of the
Governator, there MUST be a local group???

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Dave in Fairfax January 19th 05 07:59 PM

mac davis wrote:
Looking for a local group in or around Fresno, CA.
As Fresno is the 3rd or 4th largest city in the land of the
Governator, there MUST be a local group???

Check my sig
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

mac davis January 20th 05 06:08 AM

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:59:53 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

Looking for a local group in or around Fresno, CA.
As Fresno is the 3rd or 4th largest city in the land of the
Governator, there MUST be a local group???

Check my sig
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.Patinatools.org/

which paragraph of your sig?.. lol

the one in Virginia is a little out of my way, and I've already tried
the AAW...

Jim Pugh January 20th 05 01:24 PM

Sequoia Woodturners, Fresno, CA. Meet the last saturday of odd months.
Contact Marvin Fry: or phone 559-733-4682. Got the
info from the AAW resource directory which you will get once you join. Also
a fine woodturning magazine as well.
Jim in Ohio

mac davis January 20th 05 03:40 PM

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:24:36 -0500, "Jim Pugh"
wrote:

Sequoia Woodturners, Fresno, CA. Meet the last saturday of odd months.
Contact Marvin Fry: or phone 559-733-4682. Got the
info from the AAW resource directory which you will get once you join. Also
a fine woodturning magazine as well.
Jim in Ohio

Thanks, Jim!
you saved my butt, as usual... *g*

I know you've been umm... "suggesting" that I find a club..
I'll check them out as soon as we get back from mexico!

Dave in Fairfax January 20th 05 10:06 PM

mac davis wrote:
which paragraph of your sig?.. lol
the one in Virginia is a little out of my way, and I've already tried
the AAW...

VA would be a bit of a drive, and I don't know if you're into the
Old Tools. So that leaves the AAW link. If you follow it to the
Local chapter link and go to the CA are you find the Sequoia
Woodturners who meet in Fresno.
http://www.woodturner.org/community/...hapter+List#CA
It's about 1/6th of the way down the page.
Hope that helps,
Dave in Fairfax

Dave in Fairfax January 20th 05 10:09 PM

Jim Pugh wrote:
Sequoia Woodturners, Fresno, CA. Meet the last saturday of odd months.
Contact Marvin Fry: or phone 559-733-4682. Got the
info from the AAW resource directory which you will get once you join. Also
a fine woodturning magazine as well.

Thanks for the follow-up Jim. I posted the link info for him
before I saw that you'd already done it.
Dave in Fairfax

mac davis January 26th 05 06:37 PM

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:06:56 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

mac davis wrote:
which paragraph of your sig?.. lol
the one in Virginia is a little out of my way, and I've already tried
the AAW...

VA would be a bit of a drive, and I don't know if you're into the
Old Tools. So that leaves the AAW link. If you follow it to the
Local chapter link and go to the CA are you find the Sequoia
Woodturners who meet in Fresno.
http://www.woodturner.org/community/...hapter+List#CA
It's about 1/6th of the way down the page.
Hope that helps,
Dave in Fairfax

Thanks, Dave.. I looked at the AAW site and must of missed that
club...

We just got back from Mexico, so as soon as I get caught up I'll check
them out.. looks like we have about 2 years left here before we move
to Baja..

Dave in Fairfax January 27th 05 02:00 AM

mac davis wrote:
Thanks, Dave.. I looked at the AAW site and must of missed that
club...
We just got back from Mexico, so as soon as I get caught up I'll check
them out.. looks like we have about 2 years left here before we move
to Baja..

More than welcome. Let me know anytime II can help. Good luck
with the escape to Baja.

Dave in Fairfax

mac davis January 27th 05 04:20 PM

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 02:00:54 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

mac davis wrote:
Thanks, Dave.. I looked at the AAW site and must of missed that
club...
We just got back from Mexico, so as soon as I get caught up I'll check
them out.. looks like we have about 2 years left here before we move
to Baja..

More than welcome. Let me know anytime II can help. Good luck
with the escape to Baja.

Dave in Fairfax

Thanks... hopefully by then, they'll have high speed internet and can
stay with the news groups..
Gonna have a lot of questions while having 2 houses built!