DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   black walnut (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/85158-black-walnut.html)

Reggie January 8th 05 03:23 AM

black walnut

Does black walnut make a good turning wood? I know its hard wood but I've not seen it used on any sites. ..thanks for being so helpful good people. GOD BLESS....reggie

Barry N. Turner January 8th 05 04:42 PM

Yes. Black Walnut turns well and it's not as hard as some. Maple and
cherry, for instance. When you sand, the stuff tastes terrible, though. Be
sure to wear a good mask.

Barry

--
Reggie