DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I Love Christmas! (minor gloat) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/83201-i-love-christmas-minor-gloat.html)

Ray Sandusky December 26th 04 03:26 PM

I Love Christmas! (minor gloat)

OH how I love Christmas! I also enjoy birthdays, anniversaries, Father's
Day, Groundhog day or any other day that I can make an excuse up so my loved
ones can show thier love and generosity!

Christmas definitely helps them exhibit the summit of their love for me!

I had no idea that I was even going to get a single toy for Christmas...(I
left plenty of catalogs and other hints lying around for the last 3 months!)
but how exciting it was for me to shake, nudge, measure, etc every box that
was under the tree! When it was all said and done, I came away with a
pretty amazing haul! (Oh my wife got her share of goodies too)

The big present was the One Way Bowl Coring System!
A Square nosed scraper (which I am going to regrind to be a square ended
skew)
A One Way Curved tool rest for bowl turning
A fancy Hardwood Tool Chest for my carving and hand tools
A nifty carbide sharpener/burnisher
A Badger Hair Finishing Brush
A Skew Brush for solvents
A stick of Black Ebony
A stick of Olive from Israel
A spear point handpiece for my woodburner
A few other chunks of wood
(by the way, I have a pretty large family - so one gift from almost
everyone makes the list look big)

But the best gift of the year was and is...

My beautiful daughter - who is now 5 months old! She did not know what was
going on, but she loved all of the ribbons, crinkly wrapping paper and all
of the lights!

What a wonderful Christmas - not because of the things I got, but because of
the love we all shared and the wonderful memories we have of this first
Christmas for our daughter!

I hope you all also had a wonderful time making deposits into your memory
banks and gathering additional toys!

Merry Christmas!

Ray Sandusky
Brentwood, Tennessee, USA

Maxprop December 27th 04 05:00 AM

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message

But the best gift of the year was and is...

My beautiful daughter - who is now 5 months old! She did not know what
was going on, but she loved all of the ribbons, crinkly wrapping paper and
all of the lights!

What a wonderful Christmas - not because of the things I got, but because
of the love we all shared and the wonderful memories we have of this first
Christmas for our daughter!

You're a most fortunate fellow, Ray. Nothing quite equals the joy of
children. My 2yo and 3mo. old grandsons made this Christmas even better
than the last, and I thought that one couldn't be topped. Sounds as if
we're both blessed.

Max