DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Large Steady Construction (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/79591-large-steady-construction.html)

Dick Veitch December 2nd 04 10:36 PM

Large Steady Construction

I am planning a steady to use on long hollow forms 800mm to 1m out
from my headstock. Is there any particular reason to use, or avoid,
three or four wheels on the steady in this situation? The rest of the
construction is pretty logical but if someone can point me to a proven
design, I would love to look.

Dick

M.J. Orr December 3rd 04 01:36 AM

http://www.hdv.net/ Select Tools and Tips-----Scroll down to steady rest
and follow the link to the instructions. This steady works VERY well and is
VERY reasonable to construct.
--

M.J. Orr
http://www.island.net/~morr

m...

Bob Edwards December 3rd 04 02:21 PM

(Dick Veitch) wrote in message om...
I am planning a steady to use on long hollow forms 800mm to 1m out
from my headstock. Is there any particular reason to use, or avoid,
three or four wheels on the steady in this situation? The rest of the
construction is pretty logical but if someone can point me to a proven
design, I would love to look.

Dick

Here is another link just to give you more ideas.

http://www.woodturnerruss.com/BowlSteady.html

Bob Edwards, San Antonio