res055a5

Default spiral banded ink pen

just to test my limits in making pens I assembled and turned a checkerboard
style ink pen.
and i have made a couple of banded pens as well.
my next idea is to make a pen using 2 colors of wood which is mostly one
solid color, but
has a spiral that twists a couple of times around the pen in the other color
of wood...sort of
like a long screw thread.
Any body have any ideas on how to go about it?
rich

--

atv rider polaris 500
glass creations

Franko

Sure , the J. J. Beall Tool Co. has a gizmo that fits on top of your lathe
and using a dremel tool attached will do exactly what you are trying to do!
I have one ,it works great. Mad Mangi.
"res055a5" wrote in message
just to test my limits in making pens I assembled and turned a

checkerboard
style ink pen.
and i have made a couple of banded pens as well.
my next idea is to make a pen using 2 colors of wood which is mostly one
solid color, but
has a spiral that twists a couple of times around the pen in the other

color
of wood...sort of
like a long screw thread.
Any body have any ideas on how to go about it?
rich

--

atv rider polaris 500
glass creations
drz400s
wood carver
spode

J. Clarke

res055a5 wrote:

please email me the address of the company...internet address or phone
number to call them with

Geez, google "beall" and it's the second hit. How lazy can you get?

thanks, rich

.. .

"res055a5" wrote in message
just to test my limits in making pens I assembled and turned a

checkerboard
style ink pen.
and i have made a couple of banded pens as well.
my next idea is to make a pen using 2 colors of wood which is mostly
one solid color, but
has a spiral that twists a couple of times around the pen in the other

color
of wood...sort of
like a long screw thread.
Any body have any ideas on how to go about it?
rich

--

atv rider polaris 500
glass creations
drz400s
wood carver
spode

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Jim Gott

please email me the address of the company...internet address or phone
number to call them with
thanks, rich
BRBR

www.bealltool.com
-Jim Gott-
San Jose, CA

res055a5

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
res055a5 wrote:
Geez, google "beall" and it's the second hit. How lazy can you get?
did, got zippo...but thanks to someone, i find that if you add "tool" to

beall; a magical web address
occurs...thanks to all.
think i'll try to make my own version of the sorby tool first. it looked
easy to make and possibly will
work for what i need. the beall attachment is very versatile looking and
expensive....although my name
is "rich", i'm not.

rich