DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gouge Jig Origin (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/78747-gouge-jig-origin.html)

Woodcut tools 2000 Ltd sales November 25th 04 09:16 PM

Gouge Jig Origin

There appears to be some controversy over the origin of the grinding jig
concept??
I have spent time investigating this and it is my belief that the originator
of this type of jig concept is Gerry Glasser of los Angeles in the USA. I
have visited him and seen his prototypes dating back long before anything
else. Many versions have been made since, including ours although only
myself and Woodfast are prepared to give him any credit. We have made
improvements to the concept and some of our innovation has been patented.
But the credit must go to Gerry for the original concept.

--
www.woodcut-tools.com

All the best,
from Ken @ the Woodcut Sales team

>. November 25th 04 09:50 PM

Ken I refer you to the conversations you have had with Gorgi while Woodcut
were his agent in NZ and just before you released you rip off.
"Woodcut tools 2000 Ltd sales" wrote in message
There appears to be some controversy over the origin of the grinding jig
concept??
I have spent time investigating this and it is my belief that the
originator
of this type of jig concept is Gerry Glasser of los Angeles in the USA. I
have visited him and seen his prototypes dating back long before anything
else. Many versions have been made since, including ours although only
myself and Woodfast are prepared to give him any credit. We have made
improvements to the concept and some of our innovation has been patented.
But the credit must go to Gerry for the original concept.

--
www.woodcut-tools.com

All the best,
from Ken @ the Woodcut Sales team

>. November 25th 04 09:54 PM

PS I have also seen Gorgi's mk 1 to 4 and the planning for mk 6. I believe
you too have seen them.

Lyn J. Mangiameli November 26th 04 12:24 AM

I suspect you are right, and his rig is the earliest gouge jig design I
am aware of, though I also suspect several folks developed similar
methods independently. Jerry (the Americanized form of his name, and
they spelling he uses) has been the unrecognized source of an awful lot
of woodturning advances we now take for granted. Of course, a lot of
what Jerry brought to woodturning was already established knowledge in
the metal working world.

Lyn

Woodcut tools 2000 Ltd sales November 26th 04 01:58 AM

Jerry sorry for the wrong spelling
not sure who the other respondent is but I did sell the Uni. Jig for some
time in NZ and it is quite good but proved to be to expensive and not
versatile enough for our requirements.
Ken

"Lyn J. Mangiameli" wrote in message
.net...
I suspect you are right, and his rig is the earliest gouge jig design I
am aware of, though I also suspect several folks developed similar
methods independently. Jerry (the Americanized form of his name, and
they spelling he uses) has been the unrecognized source of an awful lot
of woodturning advances we now take for granted. Of course, a lot of
what Jerry brought to woodturning was already established knowledge in
the metal working world.

Lyn

Woodcut tools 2000 Ltd sales wrote:
There appears to be some controversy over the origin of the grinding jig
concept??
I have spent time investigating this and it is my belief that the

originator
of this type of jig concept is Gerry Glasser of los Angeles in the USA.

have visited him and seen his prototypes dating back long before

anything
else. Many versions have been made since, including ours although only
myself and Woodfast are prepared to give him any credit. We have made
improvements to the concept and some of our innovation has been

patented.
But the credit must go to Gerry for the original concept.

>. November 26th 04 03:21 AM

You don't need to know who I am BUT I know who you are and how you stole
Gorgie's design, while pretending to be a friend, that alone shows just the
ethics you have.
The Unijig may be a bit more expensive but it is also far more robust than
the one you make.

Steve Wolfe November 26th 04 05:55 AM

You don't need to know who I am BUT I know who you are

Is it me, or does that sound like Dale Gribble from "King of the Hill"?

steve

Woodcut tools 2000 Ltd sales November 26th 04 06:11 AM

I will offer anyone who belongs to a Woodturning club in Australia a 25%
discount if they order the Woodcut sharpening jig online from our website.
Quote the club name and address when ordering.
This offer stands until Christmas. A free video is available to any who
write giving thier address.

Ken Port Woodcut tools www.woodcut-tools.com

Final comment

dan cordes November 26th 04 06:49 AM

It's Dale, locked in his basement again. :-) While wife is screwing the
Indian. :-)