DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Jet 1442 legs (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/77463-jet-1442-legs.html)

Andrew Barss November 16th 04 05:57 AM

Jet 1442 legs

Does anyone know the weight, and height, of the cast-iron legs for the
Jet 1442/1642 lathe?

Thanks,

Andy Barss

Wood Turn It Dont Burn It November 16th 04 08:58 AM

I've read the weight is 162lbs for 2 legs, and the height, not sure but
seemed just right for me at my local Woodcraft store. Just waiting for
the 1442 to go on sale.

STEMO

George November 16th 04 11:26 AM

Why don't they sell it or the 3520 without legs? Or do they, and I haven't
seen it. In my case the legs would be replaced by a cabinet anyway, if the
youngest ever graduates from college.

RonB November 16th 04 06:32 PM

Andy Barss said:
Does anyone know the weight, and height, of the cast-iron legs for the
Jet 1442/1642 lathe?

As I recall the weight is about 150 pounds for both legs. They caused a bit
of a wrestling-match during installation.

The bed/leg joint on my machine is 33" above the floor. This includes about
1-1/4" for the adjustment feet.

STEMO said:
....waiting for the 1442 to go on sale.

Be careful not to wait too long. I paid $799 for mine a year ago. I
recently saw it in the same store for $915. According to the Jet rep the
prices are going up as a result of the iron costs increase.