Gerald Ross

Default SuperNova 2 chuck

I ordered a Supernova chuck and cole jaws from the KMS Tools
website. It was the best prices I found. That night Bob Gadd
called me at home and said they were out of Supernova
Chucks, but if it was OK with me, they were going to ship me
a Supernova 2 chuck for the same price. What a guy!

The cole jaws included screws that I thought were too long,
until I read the instructions: They were for attaching
regular jaws on top of the cole jaws. Also included were 8
cheese-head screws--a new term to me. Probably a down-under
term. I guess they call a regular pan head screw a cow patty
screw.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

A bachelor is a selfish, undeserving
guy who has cheated some woman out of
a divorce.

Paulco

I'm from down under and I have no idea what a cheese head screw is
either.

Then again Teknatool is a New Zealand company and they are a weird
lot.
Cheers
Paul

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:54:47 -0500, Gerald Ross
wrote:

I ordered a Supernova chuck and cole jaws from the KMS Tools
website. It was the best prices I found. That night Bob Gadd
called me at home and said they were out of Supernova
Chucks, but if it was OK with me, they were going to ship me
a Supernova 2 chuck for the same price. What a guy!

The cole jaws included screws that I thought were too long,
until I read the instructions: They were for attaching
regular jaws on top of the cole jaws. Also included were 8
cheese-head screws--a new term to me. Probably a down-under
term. I guess they call a regular pan head screw a cow patty
screw.

Unless otherwise stated all references to location refer to Western Australia
charles jones

The term 'cheesehead' is used in the UK to describe a screw with a round
parallel sided head and slotted to accept a flat-bladed screwdriver. It can
also be used as a derogitary term for a Dutchman. I believe the term was
first used in the Boar war.

Charlie

Mr Charlie Jones
Student Workshop Supervisor
Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
Oxford University,South Parks Road
Oxford, OX1 3QZ, United Kingdom

tel. (44) 1865 275441
or (44) 1865 275168
fax (44) 1865 275410

wrote:

I ordered a Supernova chuck and cole jaws from the KMS Tools
website. It was the best prices I found. That night Bob Gadd
called me at home and said they were out of Supernova
Chucks, but if it was OK with me, they were going to ship me
a Supernova 2 chuck for the same price. What a guy!

The cole jaws included screws that I thought were too long,
until I read the instructions: They were for attaching
regular jaws on top of the cole jaws. Also included were 8
cheese-head screws--a new term to me. Probably a down-under
term. I guess they call a regular pan head screw a cow patty
screw.

Unless otherwise stated all references to location refer to Western

Australia

George

Boers aside, in the US a cheesehead is a Packer backer. A fan of
Wisconsin's American football team who wears a plastic imitation of a wedge
of cheese as a headgear.

Of course, Wisconsin also refers to itself as "America's Dairyland."

wrote:

I ordered a Supernova chuck and cole jaws from the KMS Tools
website. It was the best prices I found. That night Bob Gadd
called me at home and said they were out of Supernova
Chucks, but if it was OK with me, they were going to ship me
a Supernova 2 chuck for the same price. What a guy!

The cole jaws included screws that I thought were too long,
until I read the instructions: They were for attaching
regular jaws on top of the cole jaws. Also included were 8
cheese-head screws--a new term to me. Probably a down-under
term. I guess they call a regular pan head screw a cow patty
screw.

Unless otherwise stated all references to location refer to Western

Australia

Has anyone used the new SuperNova 2 chuck? Greg G. Woodturning 6 October 30th 04 12:34 PM
Supernova II Chuck Barry N. Turner Woodturning 2 August 29th 04 05:05 AM
Supernova 2 chuck guy Woodturning 13 May 28th 04 08:29 PM
Attaching a Supernova chuck to a South Bend Lathe? Leo Van Der Loo Woodturning 5 March 19th 04 07:34 AM
Teknatool Titan Chuck draft review Lyn J. Mangiameli Woodturning 1 January 12th 04 05:07 PM