DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rich Pagano (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/75508-rich-pagano.html)

Chuck November 2nd 04 12:04 AM

Rich Pagano

I'm sad to say that I just learned today of the passing of Rich
Pagano, a rising star in the world of segmented turnings. Rich died
at Albany Medical Center, in New York, on October 12. He was a
member of the Adirondack Woodturners Association, (and other groups)
and it was my pleasure to have known him for the past three years.

I only knew Rich from the club, but you'd think we had been friends
for years and years, so warm and genuine was he when he would greet me
at a meeting or if I saw him out somewhere. He had a great sense of
humor, was, as you might expect, more than eager to share all he knew
of woodturning, and humble to a fault. He was never too busy to offer
a word of praise or encouragement to a rank beginner, and I count it a
privelege to have numbered him among my woodturning friends.

I'll miss the pleasure of seeing Rich's latest segmented wonder, and
his off-handed humiliity at its perfection; I'll miss his insight on
panel discussions and critiques; and most of all I'll miss his easy
laughter at my stupid jokes at club meetings.

So long, Rich, you will be missed by all who knew you.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget