DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   cutting compound miter staves (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/74825-cutting-compound-miter-staves.html)

Art Ransom October 27th 04 03:22 PM

cutting compound miter staves

I posted a write up on my site on how to make gauge for the table saw that
will let you set the angle of saw blade to cut compound miter staves. Cost
$20 and accurate to within 1/4 degree. In FUN STUFF section click on first
thumbnail.
--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

www.turningaround.org

mac davis October 27th 04 04:45 PM

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:22:55 GMT, "Art Ransom"
wrote:

I posted a write up on my site on how to make gauge for the table saw that
will let you set the angle of saw blade to cut compound miter staves. Cost
$20 and accurate to within 1/4 degree. In FUN STUFF section click on first
thumbnail.

ok, but can you do it on your lathe? *g*

Martin Rost October 28th 04 03:22 PM

Art,
Nice site. Interesting projects you've done. Your gauge is a variation
on the machinist's sine bar used for setting angles. All and all a very
clever way to set angles.
Martin