Darrell Feltmate

Default Trial

Hi all
I have not gotten a new message on this board for a couple of weeks. Is it
still up?

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

Arch

It's up, but we all miss the 'sage of Nova Scotia'

'Turn to Safety' Arch

Fortiter,

Leo Van Der Loo

Wadeyoumean, still up? it was quiet there for a while but its going full
tilt again, welcome back Darrell, hope you did enjoy your trip and had
some good experiences, give us a bit of an account will ye

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Darrell Feltmate wrote:
Hi all
I have not gotten a new message on this board for a couple of weeks. Is it
still up?

Bruce

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message news:iYzfd.8445$df2.5188@edtnps89...
Hi all
I have not gotten a new message on this board for a couple of weeks. Is it
still up?

=============================

Ya Bet Ya Red Rider!

The Other Bruce

Darrell Feltmate

thanks to all, including those who answered directly so I could see that I
could post but not receive. There had been some "improvements" to my server
resulting in no service. Things are back to normal now. England was amazing.
The sense of age and history were a revelation to little old me. I found out
that my heart is good. My wife and I climbed up the tower of Durham
Cathedral, 365 very worn stone steps around a spiral staircase (pant, pant).
the view was incredible. The people were amazing who built that thing. I
looked down at Durham Castle and realized there were nine sections of
scaffolding on a side where they were doing some restoration. The castle
looked like a dollhouse. Meanwhile I was beside beautifully carved stones
that must have weighed a ton or two each and found myself wondering "how did
they scaffold this place and how did they get these stones up here?" After
all, the tower is a good thousand years old.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

George

Isn't the Prince a big fan of restoration versus rebuilding?

Imagine if you will that the restoration of that public building were being
done in the US, and try to figure out where they'd put the
federally-mandated handicapped access. Had a problem with that at our
church when we remodeled, which we finally solved by redesignating the main
entry as secondary. Then there were the wider doors I had to hang for the
sanitary accommodations....

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
news2wgd.39563$9b.7924@edtnps84...

England was amazing.
The sense of age and history were a revelation to little old me. I found

out
that my heart is good. My wife and I climbed up the tower of Durham
Cathedral, 365 very worn stone steps around a spiral staircase (pant,

pant).
the view was incredible. The people were amazing who built that thing. I
looked down at Durham Castle and realized there were nine sections of
scaffolding on a side where they were doing some restoration. The castle
looked like a dollhouse. Meanwhile I was beside beautifully carved stones
that must have weighed a ton or two each and found myself wondering "how

did
they scaffold this place and how did they get these stones up here?" After
all, the tower is a good thousand years old.

Harry B. Pye

The sense of age and history were a revelation to little old me.

I live near Philadelphia and had a very good friend who grew up in England.
One day I said something to him about the old buildings in and around
Philly. He looked at me and said, "Harry, you have no idea about old
buildings. In England we have building that were built in the 1600's. Glad
you had a good trip.