DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Delta Midi--How difficult to reverse rotation (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/73004-delta-midi-how-difficult-reverse-rotation.html)

golf October 13th 04 02:27 AM

Delta Midi--How difficult to reverse rotation

Hi Group:
I have a shopsmith, with variable speed and reverse. This sure helps
sanding and finishing.

I would like to be able to at least to have reverse on my delta midi.

Any suggestions
Joe

-- Remove par from email address for replying

william_b_noble October 13th 04 06:23 AM

depending on the exact way the motor is wired, you may be able to reverse
some connections to make it run backwards, or if it's a DC motor, then it's
easy. What type of motor is it?

Graycoyote October 13th 04 12:55 PM

If you're good with wiring, this site might help:
http://www.laymar-crafts.co.uk/tip11.htm