James D. Farrow

Default Jet Mini Lathe Tool Rest Post Diameter?

Hi, newbie here.

Can anyone tell me the diameter of the tool rest post?

I am looking at getting a curved bowl rest. There is one but you
have to pick a separate post with it and I need to know the
post size that will fit in the Jet Mini Lathe.

Thanks,

James

Greg G.

James D. Farrow said:

Hi, newbie here.

Can anyone tell me the diameter of the tool rest post?

I am looking at getting a curved bowl rest. There is one but you
have to pick a separate post with it and I need to know the
post size that will fit in the Jet Mini Lathe.

5/8" inch.

I know because I am in the same boat myself.

Greg G.
Alun Saunders

James D. Farrow wrote:

Can anyone tell me the diameter of the tool rest post?

I am looking at getting a curved bowl rest. There is one but you have
to pick a separate post with it and I need to know the post size that
will fit in the Jet Mini Lathe.

Just a suggestion, but you could always just ... measure it!

--
Alun

Greg G.

James D. Farrow said:

Hi, newbie here.

Can anyone tell me the diameter of the tool rest post?

I am looking at getting a curved bowl rest. There is one but you
have to pick a separate post with it and I need to know the
post size that will fit in the Jet Mini Lathe.

Forgot to mention, there are three options available:

The Jet French Curl tool rest :
http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com...ROD&ProdID=297

Kinda pricey for an O.E.M. rest at $30.

The Woodcraft:
http://www.woodcraft.com/Woodcraft/p...6AC7D083E556A8

The straight bar are/were finger eaters. Inexpensive for the curl.

And the Best Wood Tools T-Bar Modular Tool Rest System
http://www.bestwoodtools.com/

Probably the nicest, but priciest of the lot.

FWIW,

Greg G.
James D. Farrow

Hi!

LOL! Guess I should have explained that the lathe is on order.
I am just one of those people that makes a list of the items
I need. Am trying to get everything ordered as soon as
possible so don't want to wait for the lathe to arrive to measure
it. I did check Jet home page - no info on post size, and even
found an on-line manual - still doesn't provide the post size.

It may be 2 weeks till the lathe gets here. If I wait to measure,
then order the curved bowl rest, it may take another 2 weeks
for that to arrive, so you see my want to find out sooner.

James

easy money Onemoredrunk Home Ownership 0 October 11th 04 02:00 AM
Lathe value... I know I'm going to regret asking this. Ken Moffett Metalworking 3 May 22nd 04 12:01 AM
New Mini Lathe Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 3 December 27th 03 03:19 AM
Logan Lathe Tool Gloat Grant Erwin Metalworking 9 September 18th 03 08:45 AM
Basics on Depth of Cuts Chris S Metalworking 10 September 2nd 03 04:15 AM