DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   thanks and another question (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/72354-thanks-another-question.html)

Steve October 7th 04 01:02 PM

thanks and another question

Thanks for the suggestions on mounting drill press to the floor or to
a piece of plywood. I will mount it to something, just not sure about
the 4x4 size.

I need to ask a question about mandrels. I've been reading the pen
books and I understand the idea of mandrel shafts. But I'm looking
in the Berea Hardwoods catalog (page 3), and they offer a "drill
driver #1 MT" and "drill driver #2MT". I'm not exactly sure what
this term means. Can anyone point me towards a resource that
discusses "driver drivers"?

Thanks. Steve

Tom October 7th 04 06:48 PM

Steve wrote:Thanks for the suggestions on mounting drill press to the floor or
a piece of plywood. I will mount it to something, just not sure about
the 4x4 size.

I need to ask a question about mandrels. I've been reading the pen
books and I understand the idea of mandrel shafts. But I'm looking
in the Berea Hardwoods catalog (page 3), and they offer a "drill
driver #1 MT" and "drill driver #2MT". I'm not exactly sure what
this term means. Can anyone point me towards a resource that
discusses "driver drivers"?

Thanks. Steve

#'s 1 and 2 Morse Tapers. Check the specs on your lathe(or drill press), to
find out which one it takes. Sorry, "driver-drivers" are a new one on me. Tom

Work at your leisure!