DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Needed: Belts for Jet Midi Lathe Model 46-250 (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/71569-needed-belts-jet-midi-lathe-model-46-250-a.html)

R&B Thomas September 30th 04 04:22 PM

Needed: Belts for Jet Midi Lathe Model 46-250

Hi,
I have a Jet Midi Lathe Model 46-250 which I would like to find a source for
parts, i.e. belts. I ordered belts on 8-11-04 from an 800 number which is
now disconnected. The lathe is only used for light duty work and a new belt
that was put on the lathe is already stretching. Is there a source for
better quality belts for this lathe??

Thanks for any info sent,

R&B Thomas

Leo Lichtman September 30th 04 05:19 PM

"R&B Thomas" wrote: Sorry, wrong brand, it's a Delta Midi Lathe
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is it a V-belt? If so, use link belt.

R&B Thomas September 30th 04 05:54 PM

It's a 3 groove belt, approx. 1/4 inch wide.

Denis Marier September 30th 04 08:35 PM

Here is another option for you.
Do you still have the old belt?
If so your local auto parts dealer may be able to help you.
I got mine at CarQuest
If you feel comfortable with cross index catalog check with Gates Rubbers
site http://www.gates.com.
You may have replaced the belt before and know how to do it. If not
check with http://www.newwoodworker.com/JWL1236tips.html
Now I only use belts made in the US/Canada. The OEM belt (Taiwan/China) do
not last long.

Mike October 2nd 04 03:10 AM

R&B Thomas wrote:
Hi,
I have a Jet Midi Lathe Model 46-250 which I would like to find a source for
parts, i.e. belts. I ordered belts on 8-11-04 from an 800 number which is
now disconnected. The lathe is only used for light duty work and a new belt
that was put on the lathe is already stretching. Is there a source for
better quality belts for this lathe??

I had a similar problem a couple years ago with my Delta Midi - the belts look
almost the same. But different colors. You might try your local Delta
service depot a call.

If it's stretching, you're probably running it a bit too tight. But if you
have a bad catch and let it slip much you will burn a flat spot, and that
will weaken it.

mike somewhere near OhMywoodness.com