DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tool Gloat (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/69134-tool-gloat.html)

ed September 22nd 04 04:26 AM

Tool Gloat

Hi,
I was browsing at the Lowes near my home here on Long Island. When I saw
that the delta Midi was on sale for $ 169.00. Seemed too good to be
true so I asked the clerk what was wrong with it he told me that it was
missing the live center and the wrenches were missing. I asked if that
was the best he could do with all that missing so he marked it down to $
95.00. Went in for bulbs and left with a lathe it runs great and a
great buy.

J. Clarke September 22nd 04 09:53 AM

ed wrote:

Hi,
I was browsing at the Lowes near my home here on Long Island. When I saw
that the delta Midi was on sale for $ 169.00. Seemed too good to be
true so I asked the clerk what was wrong with it he told me that it was
missing the live center and the wrenches were missing. I asked if that
was the best he could do with all that missing so he marked it down to $
95.00. Went in for bulbs and left with a lathe it runs great and a
great buy.

Yep. But he should have had one in a sealed box for 169.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Wood Turn It Dont Burn It September 22nd 04 10:43 AM

Waiting for you to ask if I wanted to buy a bridge.

STEMO

J. Clarke September 23rd 04 02:35 PM

Wood Turn It Dont Burn It wrote:

Waiting for you to ask if I wanted to buy a bridge.

Not sure to whom you addressed this. Lowes is discontinuing Delta products
and has very good prices on the whole line. The going price for a Delta
Midi in sealed box is $169. I don't find it at all unreasonable that they
would sell their floor model with accessories missing for 95.

STEMO

Ron Williams September 23rd 04 10:50 PM

Ed-

Don't let the party-poopers get you down. The "regular" price for your
lathe is near or above $300. I've turned on one a number of times, and
they're a very good choice for a lot of things. You walked out needing a
live center and a wrench or two, but Delta uses standard size parts, so you
probably already have the wrenches, and you can get a better live center
than what comes standard.

Ya done good. Have fun and Happy Turning!

Ron Williams
Minn-Dak Woodturners
Moorhead, MN

Rick Spivey September 24th 04 05:16 AM

Where can I find one. I checked Lowes online and the price is over $300.
My local Lowe's does not have one on display. If they are getting out of
the Delta business they aren't promoting it.

. ..