DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   woodturning classes in NY/NJ/PA area? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/69098-woodturning-classes-ny-nj-pa-area.html)

Silly_b September 14th 04 08:35 PM

woodturning classes in NY/NJ/PA area?

hi, anyone knows of any good woodturning courses or instruction
centers in this tri-state area, besides the Brookfield Center in CT?
Thanks

b.

Fred Hatton September 14th 04 09:11 PM

Silly_b wrote:

hi, anyone knows of any good woodturning courses or instruction
centers in this tri-state area, besides the Brookfield Center in CT?
Thanks

b.

Don't know of any right close.
Since you have the same ISP we can't be to far apart.
E-mail me of group. See if we can get together and talk shop.
Fred
--

Fred & Grace Hatton
Hawley, Pa.

Junior September 15th 04 12:21 PM

"Silly_b" wrote in message
om...
hi, anyone knows of any good woodturning courses or instruction
centers in this tri-state area, besides the Brookfield Center in CT?
Thanks

b.

http://www.ellsworthstudios.com/david/schoolwood.html

Recommend it highly, was a great experience.

Junior

Ted September 15th 04 08:04 PM

I agree. I went to David Ellsworth's three day class last summer. It
was great. I think that it helps to have a bit of turning experience
(I had a little over a year when I attended) and some specific
questions (I had a ton of them) when you go. There were turners in
the session that I attended that had no experience at all and some
that had been turning for about 5 years. He addresses things that all
turners need to know as well as addressing your personal questions.
His class size is small (usually 5), his experience is great and his
teaching style is very good.