DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   On bowls, sealer, shellac first coat (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/69081-bowls-sealer-shellac-first-coat.html)

golf September 11th 04 04:52 PM

On bowls, sealer, shellac first coat

Hi Group:
In trying to keep my bowls with minimum yellowing. I have been using
Mylands friction polish as the base coat, then applying wipe on poly.

I'm having a long wait for the first coat of wipe on poly to set up.
there after it sets up well.

What do you recommend for the first coat as a sealer etc?

Joe.

-- Remove par from email address for replying

Dr. Deb September 11th 04 08:58 PM

golf wrote:

Hi Group:
In trying to keep my bowls with minimum yellowing. I have been using
Mylands friction polish as the base coat, then applying wipe on poly.

I'm having a long wait for the first coat of wipe on poly to set up.
there after it sets up well.

What do you recommend for the first coat as a sealer etc?

Joe.

-- Remove par from email address for replying

In fact, shellac is all I use, except for a couple of coats of Briwax.

Deb