DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Glaser aluminum Handles (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/65903-glaser-aluminum-handles.html)

Peter August 20th 04 11:18 AM

Glaser aluminum Handles

Hello
I was wondering if anyone knows the amount of lead shot which are in
those Glaser aluminum handles and also how heavy they are.
They look really comfortable and well balanced.
I'm thinking of getting some, but was concerned about the weight and
freight cost.
Any information would be appreciated.
Peter

Al Kyder August 20th 04 06:28 PM

(Peter) wrote in message . com...
Hello
I was wondering if anyone knows the amount of lead shot which are in
those Glaser aluminum handles and also how heavy they are.
They look really comfortable and well balanced.
I'm thinking of getting some, but was concerned about the weight and
freight cost.
Any information would be appreciated.
Peter

The tools are wonderful and well balanced. Weight is not a factor in
your shipping costs as most suppliers base those charges for non
machinery items on the dollar value of the order as opposed to the
weight.

God Bless,
Al Kyder

Bill Rubenstein August 21st 04 10:39 PM

The weight is not a problem -- the heavier the better. But, the problem I have with Jerry's
tool handles -- the diameter is too small for me and I have small hands. I have the
beginning of arthritis (I guess that all people my age have it) and the small diameter is
uncomfortable to hold for any length of time. I use the handles from Oneway and love them.
I now have two of the 17" and one 11" -- talk about luxury.

Bill
In article , says...

Peter August 22nd 04 06:36 AM

"Peter" wrote in message
om...
Hello
I was wondering if anyone knows the amount of lead shot which are in
those Glaser aluminum handles and also how heavy they are.
They look really comfortable and well balanced.
I'm thinking of getting some, but was concerned about the weight and
freight cost.
Any information would be appreciated.
Peter

Thanks Bill, are the handles from Oneway shot filled also.
Peter

Bill Rubenstein August 22nd 04 06:13 PM

I don't think that they are shot filled but they are heavy. The exterior is plastic which
feels more comfortable to me than metal. Also, one of mine has been in regular service for a
number of years and shows little sign of wear. I really like them.

Bill

In article , says...