Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Inverter/Motor squeal

I have a 1998 WoodFast M910 (Rikon 70-500) the inverter went out on (ABB300) a couple of years ago. I scrounged E-Bay and found another for $400. Installed and it worked fine, until a few weeks ago. I went looking for another inverter and found a Hitachi WJ200 that looked like it would fill the bill.

Got the Hitachi, read the manual and realized I needed help. Called Customer Support and was blown away. I have NEVER found a CS that was so customer oriented. I am not talking about "hold your hand and make you feel better,." but is genuinely interested in getting your inverter set up correctly and answer ing any questions.

With the motor mounted where it is, reading the plate is difficult. So called Leeson and found they could give little information, because its a proprietary. The could, however, tell me the number of poles (6) and the freq. (1144) .

I have it up and running, but at about half way through the speed range, I start getting, what appears to be, a harmonic squeal. I have two questions:

Is that indicative of something that will harm the motor, or inverter?

Can I continue to run it and just put up with the squeal?

Thanks
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 7:31:22 AM UTC-5, Dr. Deb wrote:
[...]

It turned out to be a parameter setting in the inverter. Changed it and the squeal went away.

VFD squeal Karl Townsend Metalworking 9 September 17th 08 03:15 AM
DSC-30W60N high pitch Squeal Video Focus Electronics Repair 3 October 21st 07 08:53 PM
well pump squeal Mark Sherman Home Repair 1 April 16th 06 09:49 PM
Window A/C starting to squeal PHIL Home Repair 13 June 16th 05 08:31 PM
No Video and Squeal on 5206 Terminal Richard S. Shuford Electronics Repair 1 February 24th 05 07:13 AM