DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Delta Variable Speed Controller (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/601979-delta-variable-speed-controller.html)

Brad K December 17th 17 09:44 PM

Delta Variable Speed Controller

I'm looking for the controller codes for the Variable Speed Controller used in
the Delta X5 (46-765). Delta no longer sells this part and their Customer
Service is an oxymoron; there is no one at Delta that knows (or is willing)to
provide this information.
The codes ca be easily read off from a working Delta lathe. Is there anyone
that can provide me this information? Thanks much for any help.

Brad K

Electric Comet December 18th 17 02:07 AM

Delta Variable Speed Controller

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:44:02 GMT
Brad K m wrote:

I'm looking for the controller codes for the Variable Speed
Controller used in the Delta X5 (46-765). Delta no longer sells this

would think that a thorough internet search might turn up an answer
for this but maybe it is too esoteric

try archive.org

sometimes old manuals show up on there

found one for an old meter i have

Dr. Deb[_5_] February 9th 18 01:59 PM

On Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 2:44:04 PM UTC-6, Brad K wrote:
I'm looking for the controller codes for the Variable Speed Controller used in
the Delta X5 (46-765). Delta no longer sells this part and their Customer
Service is an oxymoron; there is no one at Delta that knows (or is willing)to
provide this information.
The codes ca be easily read off from a working Delta lathe. Is there anyone
that can provide me this information? Thanks much for any help.

--

Brad, excuse me for being dense, but why do you needed the codes? If it is to be able to tell the speed, just find a friend with a digital tachometer and read the speeds directly from the spindle. Once you have then recorded, return the tach.

Leon[_5_] February 9th 18 03:46 PM

Dr. Deb wrote:
On Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 2:44:04 PM UTC-6, Brad K wrote:
I'm looking for the controller codes for the Variable Speed Controller used in
the Delta X5 (46-765). Delta no longer sells this part and their Customer
Service is an oxymoron; there is no one at Delta that knows (or is willing)to
provide this information.
The codes ca be easily read off from a working Delta lathe. Is there anyone
that can provide me this information? Thanks much for any help.

--

Brad, excuse me for being dense, but why do you needed the codes? If it
is to be able to tell the speed, just find a friend with a digital
tachometer and read the speeds directly from the spindle. Once you have
then recorded, return the tach.

You can actually determine speed with a smart phone app.

[email protected] March 8th 18 07:25 AM

m wrote:

I'm looking for the controller codes for the Variable Speed Controller used in
the Delta X5 (46-765). Delta no longer sells this part and their Customer
Service is an oxymoron; there is no one at Delta that knows (or is willing)to
provide this information.
The codes ca be easily read off from a working Delta lathe. Is there anyone
that can provide me this information? Thanks much for any help.

Brad K

For the small fee of $18,999.79 I will get you what you need. Payment
must be received in advance. Contact me at 800-277-1094, extension 361.
Ask for Wally-361. Have your credit card ready.