DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rings and excess CA (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/601516-rings-excess-ca.html)

Dave Leader December 9th 17 01:59 PM

Rings and excess CA

I made these rings yesterday. I have excess CA glue on the core but I was afraid to use CA removal fluid to remove the CA. I thought the removal liquid is so flowing that it might compromise the CA holding the wood to the core. What do you think?

From the left or bottom is poplar wood (with CA finish), middle is lignum vitae (no finish) and top or right is bloodwood (CA finish).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0gkkj06xh...ar1.JPG?d l=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3z5so20ou...lar.JPG?dl =0

Leon[_5_] December 12th 17 05:32 AM

Rings and excess CA

Dave Leader wrote:
I made these rings yesterday. I have excess CA glue on the core but I
was afraid to use CA removal fluid to remove the CA. I thought the
removal liquid is so flowing that it might compromise the CA holding the
wood to the core. What do you think?

From the left or bottom is poplar wood (with CA finish), middle is lignum
vitae (no finish) and top or right is bloodwood (CA finish).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0gkkj06xh...ar1.JPG?d l=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3z5so20ou...lar.JPG?dl =0

Very nice.
I would try the removal fluid applied with a paper towel so as to not
flood the joint area.

Dave Leader December 13th 17 01:52 PM

Rings and excess CA

On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 12:32:08 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
Dave Leader wrote:
I made these rings yesterday. I have excess CA glue on the core but I
was afraid to use CA removal fluid to remove the CA. I thought the
removal liquid is so flowing that it might compromise the CA holding the
wood to the core. What do you think?

From the left or bottom is poplar wood (with CA finish), middle is lignum
vitae (no finish) and top or right is bloodwood (CA finish).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0gkkj06xh...ar1.JPG?d l=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3z5so20ou...lar.JPG?dl =0

Very nice.
I would try the removal fluid applied with a paper towel so as to not
flood the joint area.

Thanks for the suggestion. A contact suggest using jewelers rouge with a dremmel pad bit.