Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default grizzly g1067z

more photos would help but

not a bad starter lathe and with tools really not a bad deal

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...287374505.html

better than a hf lathe

probably walk away for 550 and might even get extras not mentioned

happens once in a while on craigslist

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 1:08:39 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:
more photos would help but

not a bad starter lathe and with tools really not a bad deal

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...287374505.html

better than a hf lathe

probably walk away for 550 and might even get extras not mentioned

happens once in a while on craigslist

Is it rusty on the lathe bed? I don't know any of the details about this lathe, but it looks sort of old. Several decades. I sort of recall lathes like this costing about $600 brand new back then. I understand paying brand new price or more for special items. Like Corvettes. But to pay exactly what the lathe cost 20 years ago, that kind of rankles me.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 17:30:24 -0700 (PDT)
" wrote:

Is it rusty on the lathe bed? I don't know any of the details about
this lathe, but it looks sort of old. Several decades. I sort of
recall lathes like this costing about $600 brand new back then. I
understand paying brand new price or more for special items. Like
Corvettes. But to pay exactly what the lathe cost 20 years ago, that
kind of rankles me.

not sure about rust but the price comparison would be better if one
was to compare what your 600 got you today not what it would have
got you in the past unless you have worked out time travel

still better than an hf lathe and you seem to forget prices on cl are
not firm