DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   oneway 2036 (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/585038-oneway-2036-a.html)

Electric Comet January 26th 17 10:37 PM

oneway 2036

looks like new

https://austin.craigslist.org/tls/5902803085.html

they look to be built like a tank

but the bed extension looks like it is sagging

graham[_5_] January 26th 17 10:53 PM

oneway 2036

On 2017-01-26 3:37 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

looks like new

https://austin.craigslist.org/tls/5902803085.html

they look to be built like a tank

but the bed extension looks like it is sagging

That extension is purely for swinging the tail
stock out of the way, so it doesn't matter. The
extension they make for their smaller lathe is,
I believe, tube based. Incidentally, the ad says
cast iron bed. No it's not, it's machined steel.

Electric Comet January 26th 17 10:58 PM

oneway 2036

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 15:53:49 -0700
graham wrote:

That extension is purely for swinging the tail
stock out of the way, so it doesn't matter. The

that is good
i knew there had to be an explanation

that is a nice feature

I believe, tube based. Incidentally, the ad says
cast iron bed. No it's not, it's machined steel.

not a bad price for that beast

[email protected] January 27th 17 01:14 AM

oneway 2036

I think new Oneway 2036 lathes are around $5500 or so now. So $4000 for a 20 year old lathe may or may not be good. Plate says made in 1997. Its not like lathes actually wear out, with use or not. There really is not anything to wear out. My complaint, so to speak, is why does anyone buy the 2036 lathe when for only a few hundred more you can get the 2436 model. Even if you never ever need more than 20" swing, why not get the extra 24" swing model just to have it. The ad did not mention if its a 2hp or 3hp motor.