DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   SuperNova 2 on sale (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/402229-supernova-2-sale.html)

Dr. Deb[_5_] September 30th 16 02:01 PM

SuperNova 2 on sale

Having picked up a "new to me" lathe, with a 1 1/4x8 thread on the headstock, as opposed to the 1x8 on my old one, I went looking for a new chuck. I got a headstock spindle adapter from PennState (would you be 1-2 thou runout?), but wanted a chuck I could use without the adapter.

I looked at a lot of sites (finding Ebay more expensive than Amazon) and finally looked at Southern Tool. They are having a special on the SuperNova2..

http://www.southern-tool.com/store/t...ova2-chuck.php

Deb

G. Ross September 30th 16 05:15 PM

SuperNova 2 on sale

Dr. Deb wrote:
Having picked up a "new to me" lathe, with a 1 1/4x8 thread on the headstock, as opposed to the 1x8 on my old one, I went looking for a new chuck. I got a headstock spindle adapter from PennState (would you be 1-2 thou runout?), but wanted a chuck I could use without the adapter.

I looked at a lot of sites (finding Ebay more expensive than Amazon) and finally looked at Southern Tool. They are having a special on the SuperNova2.

http://www.southern-tool.com/store/t...ova2-chuck.php

Deb

Those are good prices. You can put one on my list for Christmas.

Actually, I already have 4 and like them a lot.

--
GW Ross

An ulcer is what you get mountain
climbing over molehills.

graham[_5_] September 30th 16 06:41 PM

SuperNova 2 on sale

On 9/30/2016 10:15 AM, G. Ross wrote:
Dr. Deb wrote:
Having picked up a "new to me" lathe, with a 1 1/4x8 thread on the
headstock, as opposed to the 1x8 on my old one, I went looking for a
new chuck. I got a headstock spindle adapter from PennState (would
you be 1-2 thou runout?), but wanted a chuck I could use without the
adapter.

I looked at a lot of sites (finding Ebay more expensive than Amazon)
and finally looked at Southern Tool. They are having a special on the
SuperNova2.

http://www.southern-tool.com/store/t...ova2-chuck.php

Deb

Those are good prices. You can put one on my list for Christmas.

Actually, I already have 4 and like them a lot.

It's cheaper here in Canada where the insert is included, but then you
would have to pay postage.

https://www.kmstools.com/nova-super-...dard-chuck-410

Graham

Martin Eastburn October 1st 16 04:00 AM

SuperNova 2 on sale

I have the Nova or was it a Nova2 maybe - Gosh maybe 20 years ago and I
like it. The Supper has more mass and strength - and the only one made
now. Good that you found a place with the adapters. They were custom
order and long lead time when buying mine.

Martin in Texas

Ralph E Lindberg[_2_] October 2nd 16 03:28 AM

SuperNova 2 on sale

Dr. Deb wrote:
[...]

I have bought four or five from KMS and had them shipped south

graham[_5_] October 2nd 16 03:52 AM

SuperNova 2 on sale

Dr. Deb wrote:
[...]

KMS now have the G3 on sale at a very good price:
https://www.kmstools.com/nova-g3-chu...-version-20090

That's about US$99
Graham