DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   laguna pinnacle c1 (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/401772-laguna-pinnacle-c1.html)

Electric Comet September 19th 16 09:14 PM

laguna pinnacle c1

nice looking copy lathe
http://olympic.craigslist.org/tls/5758666028.html

to my eye it looks similar to one of the pattern maker lathes

lots of moving parts on this

price seems high in this market

graham[_5_] September 19th 16 09:48 PM

laguna pinnacle c1

On 9/19/2016 2:14 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

nice looking copy lathe
http://olympic.craigslist.org/tls/5758666028.html

to my eye it looks similar to one of the pattern maker lathes

lots of moving parts on this

price seems high in this market

Last week I met a woodshop owner who also slabs trees for
magnificent table tops etc. He once had a shop full of Laguna tools
but got rid of them all. He wasn't at all complimentary about
their quality!
Graham

Electric Comet September 19th 16 11:41 PM

laguna pinnacle c1

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 14:48:18 -0600
graham wrote:

Last week I met a woodshop owner who also slabs trees for
magnificent table tops etc. He once had a shop full of Laguna tools
but got rid of them all. He wasn't at all complimentary about
their quality!

sounds personal if he got rid of them all

Ralph E Lindberg[_2_] September 21st 16 11:29 PM

laguna pinnacle c1

On 2016-09-19 20:48:18 +0000, graham said:

On 9/19/2016 2:14 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

nice looking copy lathe
http://olympic.craigslist.org/tls/5758666028.html

to my eye it looks similar to one of the pattern maker lathes

lots of moving parts on this

price seems high in this market

Last week I met a woodshop owner who also slabs trees for
magnificent table tops etc. He once had a shop full of Laguna tools
but got rid of them all. He wasn't at all complimentary about
their quality!
Graham

I dono how their quality stacks up, but their CS sucks. A few years ago
(OK more then a few) they tried to go after (lawsuits) people that were
posting poor reviews of their equipment.