Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Anyone have a current contact for Nova parts?

I need to replace the keeper plate (part #24040) on my DVRxp lathe
again...
All of the contact info that I had and any on the web is outdated and
are dead links...
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 8/29/2016 12:55 PM, Mac Davis wrote:
I need to replace the keeper plate (part #24040) on my DVRxp lathe
again...
All of the contact info that I had and any on the web is outdated and
are dead links...

Have you tried http://teknatool.com/

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 13:46:39 -0600, graham wrote:

On 8/29/2016 12:55 PM, Mac Davis wrote:
I need to replace the keeper plate (part #24040) on my DVRxp lathe
again...
All of the contact info that I had and any on the web is outdated and
are dead links...

Have you tried http://teknatool.com/

Yes... I doesn't seem to exist any more...
I bought one last time using (email) Sales@tecnatook and that bouced
back, also...
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 13:46:39 -0600, graham wrote:

On 8/29/2016 12:55 PM, Mac Davis wrote:
I need to replace the keeper plate (part #24040) on my DVRxp lathe
again...
All of the contact info that I had and any on the web is outdated and
are dead links...

Have you tried http://teknatool.com/

Just got through to "teknatool.com" and it's now something called
Southern Tools or something and doesn't sell parts...
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Mac Davis wrote:
I need to replace the keeper plate (part #24040) on my DVRxp lathe
again...
All of the contact info that I had and any on the web is outdated and
are dead links...

My contact for repair was Michael Swerbensky
But that has been a couple of years ago. He was located in Tampa, I
believe.
--
GW Ross

You know what I always say...

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 8/29/2016 3:18 PM, Mac Davis wrote:
On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 13:46:39 -0600, graham wrote:

On 8/29/2016 12:55 PM, Mac Davis wrote:
I need to replace the keeper plate (part #24040) on my DVRxp lathe
again...
All of the contact info that I had and any on the web is outdated and
are dead links...

Have you tried http://teknatool.com/

Yes... I doesn't seem to exist any more...
I bought one last time using (email) Sales@tecnatook and that bouced
back, also...

It must have been very recent then as the site advertises new products
for the Fall 2016.
Try phoning the # on the site.
Graham
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

G. Ross wrote:
Mac Davis wrote:
I need to replace the keeper plate (part #24040) on my DVRxp lathe
again...
All of the contact info that I had and any on the web is outdated and
are dead links...

My contact for repair was Michael Swerbensky
But that has been a couple of years ago. He was located in Tampa, I
believe.

St. Pete
Phone # 727-954-3433

--
GW Ross

You know what I always say...

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 14:30:19 -0700, Mac Davis wrote:

Have you tried http://teknatool.com/

Just got through to "teknatool.com" and it's now something called
Southern Tools or something and doesn't sell parts...

Interesting. I called up the website and got:

If you are located in US, you can also contact our Service Center on
727-954-3433 or contact us via our online HELP DESK. Also for US
residents only at this stage, we operate a spares and service website for
spares, parts and accessories that our dealers don't carry, you can
purchase online with our website HERE.

"HERE" is:

http://www.novatoolsusa.com/

Does it actually have parts - who knows?????

--
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 00:29:09 +0000 (UTC), Trenbidia
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 14:30:19 -0700, Mac Davis wrote:

Have you tried http://teknatool.com/

Just got through to "teknatool.com" and it's now something called
Southern Tools or something and doesn't sell parts...

Interesting. I called up the website and got:

If you are located in US, you can also contact our Service Center on
727-954-3433 or contact us via our online HELP DESK. Also for US
residents only at this stage, we operate a spares and service website for
spares, parts and accessories that our dealers don't carry, you can
purchase online with our website HERE.

"HERE" is:

http://www.novatoolsusa.com/

Does it actually have parts - who knows?????

Nope, but thanks... After a few clicks, it goes to the same "Southern
Tool" or something, and as all the pages I've found, their version of
"spare parts" are asseccories like chucks...
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 14:30:19 -0700, Mac Davis wrote:

Have you tried http://teknatool.com/

Just got through to "teknatool.com" and it's now something called
Southern Tools or something and doesn't sell parts...

Interesting. I called up the website and got:

If you are located in US, you can also contact our Service Center on
727-954-3433 or contact us via our online HELP DESK. Also for US
residents only at this stage, we operate a spares and service website for
spares, parts and accessories that our dealers don't carry, you can
purchase online with our website HERE.

"HERE" is:

http://www.novatoolsusa.com/

Does it actually have parts - who knows?????

Nope, but thanks... After a few clicks, it goes to the same "Southern
Tool" or something, and as all the pages I've found, their version of
"spare parts" are asseccories like chucks...

Try going to the head office in New Zealand:
http://www.teknatool.com/New_Zealand.htm
Graham

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Geaham... Looks promising, I sent an email and filled out a
contact form...
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

[...]

I'm not sure of your issue. Maybe try this.

http://www.teknatool.com/Contact.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

[...]

I tried this one 2 days ago, Leon... Filled out and submitted 2 forms
and sent another email. No response on any of them.
I think the next step is to see if I can get a few fabricated here...
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 11:55:34 -0700
Mac Davis wrote:

I need to replace the keeper plate (part #24040) on my DVRxp lathe
again...
All of the contact info that I had and any on the web is outdated and
are dead links...

do not know anything about the company or where to get parts

seems like others have pointed you in right direction

the name reminds me of that old tale about chevy novas not selling
well in spanish speaking countries in south america since
no va means no go

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Mac Davis wrote:

I need to replace the keeper plate (part #24040) on my DVRxp lathe
again...
All of the contact info that I had and any on the web is outdated and
are dead links...

do not know anything about the company or where to get parts

seems like others have pointed you in right direction

the name reminds me of that old tale about chevy novas not selling
well in spanish speaking countries in south america since
no va means no go

Nova seems to be in business... Seems being the operative word...
As for Teknatool, I don't think that they are, at least from a lathe
standpoint...
Nova actually means "Not going", but I understand your point...

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 11:55:37 AM UTC-7, Mac Davis wrote:
I need to replace the keeper plate (part #24040) on my DVRxp lathe
again...
All of the contact info that I had and any on the web is outdated and
are dead links...

I can mfg the part # 24040. How many lathe owners need the part? I designed a double ended keeper plate so that when one side wears out just flip it over and use the other side. Note: the grove in the shaft may need to be dressed up to square it off again. Jason Reid