Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default another make

never heard of this make before

a big wadkin

http://spokane.craigslist.org/tls/5633087456.html

outfitted with a vfd and it would be a real work horse

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 14/06/2016 1:24 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

never heard of this make before

a big wadkin

A UK make. Possibly a pattern maker's lathe.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Is it a wood or spinning lathe. Metal spinning.
The tool post kinda points me there.

Can be a wood -
Might be a good bowl and platter lathe.
Martin

On 6/14/2016 2:24 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

never heard of this make before

a big wadkin

http://spokane.craigslist.org/tls/5633087456.html

outfitted with a vfd and it would be a real work horse

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 16:25:59 -0600
graham wrote:

A UK make. Possibly a pattern maker's lathe.

interesting

pattern maker makes sense as it has that indexed tool rest

it is big

wonder what a vfd motor would cost for that because the lathe price
is not bad

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 22:40:17 -0500
Martin Eastburn wrote:

Is it a wood or spinning lathe. Metal spinning.
The tool post kinda points me there.

the vertical post does look large

always wanted to try metal spinning

Can be a wood -
Might be a good bowl and platter lathe.

it is long too so that could do it all

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 12:24:42 -0700
Electric Comet wrote:

http://spokane.craigslist.org/tls/5633087456.html

the wheel on the cart is 20 inches and the throw is 20 so that lathe
stands near 5 feet