DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   maybe a diesel powered lathe (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/392243-maybe-diesel-powered-lathe.html)

Electric Comet March 18th 16 08:36 PM

maybe a diesel powered lathe

looks like an exhaust pointing up in the 2nd pic

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mat/5490063034.html

maybe diesel powers the cutting head and it looks like an electric
motor moves it down the bedway

[email protected] March 18th 16 09:54 PM

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 4:37:05 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:
looks like an exhaust pointing up in the 2nd pic

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mat/5490063034.html

maybe diesel powers the cutting head and it looks like an electric
motor moves it down the bedway

Looks more like a hydraulic piston than a stack to me...Specific tool for what seems like a niche market...Possibly a calling by our Gov't or military...It would be interesting to see a finished product up close and personal...

Electric Comet March 19th 16 12:39 AM

maybe a diesel powered lathe

On Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:54:03 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

Looks more like a hydraulic piston than a stack to me...Specific tool

i see that but to the left of that shiny piston

for what seems like a niche market...Possibly a calling by our Gov't
or military...It would be interesting to see a finished product up
close and personal...

very extensive website and kind of fun to look over
they really have some interesting stuff there

http://southwestideas.com/index.htm