DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   turning urns (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/391245-turning-urns.html)

Electric Comet February 29th 16 11:34 PM

turning urns

never thought about it but why not

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/h...466119235.html

do wonder why they open from the bottom
maybe to prevent them from being opened and spilling out i would guess

bottom opening makes it hard to use for anything but ashes

graham[_5_] March 1st 16 01:39 AM

turning urns

On 29/02/2016 4:34 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
never thought about it but why not

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/h...466119235.html

do wonder why they open from the bottom
maybe to prevent them from being opened and spilling out i would guess

bottom opening makes it hard to use for anything but ashes

When a revered member of the local turning community died, another
turned an urn for his ashes out of Manitoba Maple/Box Elder burl.
Given notice,I suppose we could all turn our own.

Graham

Martin Eastburn March 1st 16 03:05 AM

turning urns

A sealed container... e.g. glue. Also the top is beautiful
without any openings that might swell in life and such.

Martin

Electric Comet March 2nd 16 05:24 PM

turning urns

On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 18:39:33 -0700
graham wrote:

Given notice,I suppose we could all turn our own.

once you are born you are given notice

the hard part is wood choice

Electric Comet March 2nd 16 05:29 PM

turning urns

On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 21:05:40 -0600
Martin Eastburn wrote:

A sealed container... e.g. glue. Also the top is beautiful
without any openings that might swell in life and such.

it is nice but i think it could be a little more ornate so as not
to confuse it with a bickie barrel

[email protected] March 3rd 16 01:13 PM

turning urns

Martin Eastburn wrote:

A sealed container... e.g. glue. Also the top is beautiful
without any openings that might swell in life and such.

it is nice but i think it could be a little more ornate so as not
to confuse it with a bickie barrel

Good reason to be opened only from the bottom.