DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   NOVA 3000 Headstock Vibration (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/372712-re-nova-3000-headstock-vibration.html)

[email protected] July 18th 14 12:27 AM

NOVA 3000 Headstock Vibration

On Sunday, September 15, 2002 2:52:14 PM UTC-7, Harrington wrote:
The headstock on my Nova 3000 has some give in it that causes it to
move slightly when turning mid to larger sized bowls. The headstock
lockpin does nothing to tighten the headstock. It seems as if turning
large bowls has loosened the headstock. I can't find a way to tighten
the shaft that holds the headstock to the lathe bed.

Has anyone had this problem? Got any thoughts?

Scott

Baltimore, MD

Ineed to find this out:
"Removal and Installation of the Nova 3000 headstock" how is this acconplished on a 2007 Nova 3000? Joe at:

Ralph E Lindberg July 18th 14 02:57 PM

NOVA 3000 Headstock Vibration

In article ,
wrote:

On Sunday, September 15, 2002 2:52:14 PM UTC-7, Harrington wrote:
The headstock on my Nova 3000 has some give in it that causes it to
move slightly when turning mid to larger sized bowls. The headstock
lockpin does nothing to tighten the headstock. It seems as if turning
large bowls has loosened the headstock. I can't find a way to tighten
the shaft that holds the headstock to the lathe bed.

Has anyone had this problem? Got any thoughts?

Scott

Baltimore, MD

Ineed to find this out:
"Removal and Installation of the Nova 3000 headstock" how is this
acconplished on a 2007 Nova 3000? Joe at:

You know this is a 12 year old post you are responding to, right?

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

Kevin Miller[_2_] July 18th 14 05:26 PM

NOVA 3000 Headstock Vibration

On 07/18/2014 05:57 AM, Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

On Sunday, September 15, 2002 2:52:14 PM UTC-7, Harrington wrote:
The headstock on my Nova 3000 has some give in it that causes it to
move slightly when turning mid to larger sized bowls. The headstock
lockpin does nothing to tighten the headstock. It seems as if turning
large bowls has loosened the headstock. I can't find a way to tighten
the shaft that holds the headstock to the lathe bed.

Has anyone had this problem? Got any thoughts?

Scott

Baltimore, MD

Ineed to find this out:
"Removal and Installation of the Nova 3000 headstock" how is this
acconplished on a 2007 Nova 3000? Joe at:

You know this is a 12 year old post you are responding to, right?

Just imagine how loose the headstock is now, after all this time! ;-)

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska