DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   FS: Nova Ornamental Turning Attachment (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/36010-fs-nova-ornamental-turning-attachment.html)

Nick Silva July 24th 04 09:22 PM

FS: Nova Ornamental Turning Attachment

If you're interested in a stand-alone OT jig,
I am selling my Nova Ornamental Turning Attachment. These are now
discontinued so they are hard to get.
This OT is mounted on a Nova bed extension, with an upright router on
One end to provide the cutting. This can also be used on the Nova lathe.
This is selling as a set only. Comes complete with all cutters and tools.

It is located in Garland (dallas) for pickup, otherwise note that it is
heavy and may be pricey to ship. A picture is available he
http://www.Studio-N.net/novaOT.jpg

Email questions to me. Peace.
-nick

Nick Silva July 25th 04 07:54 PM

SOLD: Nova Ornamental Turning Attachment

Thank you to all who had an interest. Peace.

Fred Holder July 26th 04 01:51 AM

FS: Nova Ornamental Turning Attachment

Thanks for that picture Nick. My Nova Ornamental Turner sets on the shelf and is
seldom used because it is sort of a pain to get it down and set it up on the
lathe for a few cuts or to cut threads that I can hand chase quicker than I can
set up the ornamental turner. I've had mine for about four years and had never
thought of mounting it permenantly on a Nova 3000 Bed Extension. That makes it
an excellent stand alone tool.

Thanks again and glad you were able to sell yours.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com

In article , Nick Silva says...

Nick Silva July 26th 04 03:04 AM

FS: Nova Ornamental Turning Attachment

Hi Fred,
Glad you liked it. The only thing to remember is that the bed extension only
has feet on one end. So the vertical board extends down an inch to level out
the bed. Just drill holes through the board and bolt it on. Secondly,
center the index head and insert a drive center. Bring it forward until it
hits the board. That is your center hole for the router base.

Be extra careful when using a router. The nova tool side cutter post is 1/2"
so it fits great in a router and cuts super clean. Enjoy.

-nick