DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Union Graduate Bowl Lathe Parts (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/35969-union-graduate-bowl-lathe-parts.html)

an-morgan at mindport July 16th 04 12:06 AM

Union Graduate Bowl Lathe Parts

Looking for source of parts if there is one. I understand the lathes
are no longer being made. Interested in beds especially. Also would
like to know what the frame size of the motor is. Thanks.

Kazoo July 16th 04 05:49 AM

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:06:18 -0700, an-morgan at mindport wrote:

Looking for source of parts if there is one. I understand the lathes
are no longer being made. Interested in beds especially. Also would
like to know what the frame size of the motor is. Thanks.

I have one complete, and never had to buy anything for it thankfully...

The British Magazine "Woodturning" often has ads for shops/companies in
England that specialize in parts for the Union lathes. The motor on mine
was replaced once, if you tell me what to measure to get an accurate
"frame size" I'd be glad to do it for ya. Provided I don't have to take
the motor out ...

HTH
--
All other things being equal, a bald man cannot be elected President of
the United States.