Old June 30th 13, 10:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

Default Identify wood.

Can any one identify this wood, I got it as firewood and burned a lot
before I discovered it makes good pens.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1130203...93133194393666

Old June 30th 13, 01:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

F Murtz wrote:
Can any one identify this wood, I got it as firewood and burned a lot
before I discovered it makes good pens.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1130203...93133194393666

I got the result of "sorry, that page not found".

--
 GW Ross

 Let he who takes the plunge remember
 to return it!

Old June 30th 13, 02:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 18:58:15 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

Can any one identify this wood, I got it as firewood and burned a lot
before I discovered it makes good pens.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1130203...93133194393666

All I got was a blank page.
Old June 30th 13, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

wrote:

Can any one identify this wood, I got it as firewood and burned a lot
before I discovered it makes good pens.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1130203...93133194393666

All I got was a blank page.

I am having trouble driving picassa since it updated, when I click on
the url I get the picture, I will see what I can do.
Old June 30th 13, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

wrote:

Can any one identify this wood, I got it as firewood and burned a lot
before I discovered it makes good pens.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1130203...93133194393666

All I got was a blank page.

Try this.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1130203...eat=directlink

Old June 30th 13, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

F Murtz wrote:

Try this.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1130203...eat=directlink

That works.

--

-Mike-

Old June 30th 13, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

wrote:

Can any one identify this wood, I got it as firewood and burned a lot
before I discovered it makes good pens.

Eastern red cedar...

Old June 30th 13, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 6/30/2013 7:33 AM, dpb wrote:

Eastern red cedar...

It's the wood of cedar chest and closet linings, etc., etc., etc., ...

Old June 30th 13, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

wrote:

Can any one identify this wood, I got it as firewood and burned a lot
before I discovered it makes good pens.

Eastern red cedar...

That gets my vote, too. Once able to view the picture the very first
thing that popped in my mind was the novelty boxes, mirrors, you name it
that you see in vacation areas (well, here in the Midwest anyways)

Typically little jewelry boxes with a coat of varnish and stamped on it
"Souvenir of the Wisconsin Dells" etc.

Looks a lot prettier as a peng

Old June 30th 13, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking

On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 22:20:10 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

Try this.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1130203...eat=directlink

That worked. No clue what the wood is, but it sure has a nice red
color, sort of like cedar.

Identify wood. F Murtz Woodworking 31 July 1st 13 10:55 PM
Please help identify this wood larry UK diy 7 January 16th 06 12:17 PM
Please help identify this wood larry Woodworking 6 January 15th 06 10:25 PM
Can't identify wood [email protected] Woodworking 8 December 13th 05 09:15 PM
Looking to identify a wood Carl Swanson Woodworking 13 January 18th 04 11:47 PM